This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

True or False, you buy almost all your games via digital download now a days.

#71TBD2009Posted 3/19/2013 5:45:46 AM
At present, it's "True", for me... but only because I have very few "Retail games" that I care about (those ~are~ purchased only in disc form), and have been using Bing Rewards to buy all of the XBLA titles, Add-ons, and DLC that I want... so it's all free.

Though, the next game that comes out in disc form, that I want, will bring us back to "False"... I like having the physical disc, just in case the servers go down, or in case I'm wanting to play 100% offline (which you can't do with some DD games).
#72KtuluheroIIPosted 3/19/2013 5:48:36 AM
Gone PC so it's 100% true.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png
#73DarkPhoenix424Posted 3/19/2013 5:50:12 AM(edited)
Hell no. You always want physical media you can reinvest. Only a fool permanently throws away their money on a digital license that you don't own.
---
The Wing Commander series is my favorite of all time...
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind
#74The Top CrusaderPosted 3/19/2013 8:42:18 AM
I own quite a few physical games for the 360 but as GoD has evolved and the prices have gone down I've gotten quite a few. It's cool to have a physical copy of something, but I generally am only going to play through most games once so if its really cheap on GoD it's fine with me... plus I really like being able to flip between different games via the 360 instead of switching discs in and out. I wish they'd just let you load discs and play from the HD for physical copies of games.
---
----
-----
#75TBD2009Posted 3/20/2013 6:31:31 AM
The Top Crusader posted...
I own quite a few physical games for the 360 but as GoD has evolved and the prices have gone down I've gotten quite a few. It's cool to have a physical copy of something, but I generally am only going to play through most games once so if its really cheap on GoD it's fine with me... plus I really like being able to flip between different games via the 360 instead of switching discs in and out. I wish they'd just let you load discs and play from the HD for physical copies of games.

I agree with you here... especially the part about how it'd be nice to just load up the disc image to your hard drive, and play from that. When I had heard the news (forever ago) about us being able to "copy our discs to the HDD", I was beyond excited about it... and then I saw that all it did was "cut down loading times on some discs, but still required the disc to play the game", and was less than enthusiastic about it. I don't even use the feature now, since it's a pointless space eater.
#76dcn2424Posted 3/23/2013 6:23:19 AM
DarkPhoenix424 posted...
Hell no. You always want physical media you can reinvest. Only a fool permanently throws away their money on a digital license that you don't own.

This
#77videogameking33Posted 3/23/2013 8:12:14 AM
nope not for me
---
Currently Playiing: Spec Ops: The Line (360), Sly Cooper: TiT (PS3), NSMBU (Wii U)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#78dcn2424Posted 3/24/2013 6:57:15 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Hell no. I like actually owning my games.

This