This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider or Crysis 3?

#1PinkestFloyd07Posted 3/13/2013 11:55:22 AM
I cant decide between the 2 games so i want to know some things about both before deciding.

How long are both single player stories?
How much exploring in both/what has more exploration?
Is multiplayer worth even playing in either?(hated Crysis 2 multiplayer)
Whats the better experience and why?

I know mostly what Crysis 3 will feel like because ive played the others, but I have never really gave Tomb Raider games the time to play, I have tried them but didn't do much, what am i to expect from Tomb Raider? what games does it most play like?

both look like really well made games and im planning on getting monster hunter next week for wiiu, so right now im just needing a game to hold me over. Thanks in advanced.
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/13/2013 12:00:02 PM
Don't even look at Crysis.
Tomb Raider.

Crysis isn't bad, but it'll be $20 within weeks. It's shorter, and less interesting characters, story, and gameplay. And less active MP.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3pothocketPosted 3/13/2013 12:07:27 PM(edited)
It's a tough call.

Crysis 3 is shorter than number 2 and mostly the same but the bow really does change the way it feels. One hit sniping kills without breaking cloak is pretty awesome but kinda makes the gameplay significantly easier than 2. Expect to spend more time within a level and experience larger, more open, level design when compared to 2.

Tomb Raider is an amazing experience on the gameplay side, narrative is kinda sloppily executed though. TR doesn't really have stealth gameplay like Crysis but it does have a ton of platforming and a really nice progression arc as Lara constantly upgrades her equipment. Combat in TR feels awesome too and feels unique.

And no, MP is not worth it in either.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 3/13/2013 12:09:23 PM
Tomb Raider. I was a fan of Crysis 2's MP, but 3's MP never got off the ground, it'll be dead in a month, so I wouldn't let MP factor into your decision.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5PinkestFloyd07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:14:53 PM
i love the sound of a larger more open level design in Crysis 3, but im also loving the style Tomb Raider seems to take, you say no stealth though? i thought there was a big emphasis on stealth in Tomb Raider? doing similar things as to sniping unaware guys with a bow?
#6shawnmckPosted 3/13/2013 12:21:07 PM
Crysis 3 seems to be dying real fast, which does not bode well for its multi-player longevity.
Whereas Tomb Raider is radioactive.

SP-wise, Tomb Raider will last you twice as long as Crysis 3.
On average, Crysis 3's campaign will last you 5 to 6 hours....whereas TR will last you anywhere from 9 to 14 hours (depending on how much exploring you do).

Technically, Crysis 3 has the more in depth multi-player, but like I mentioned, it is dropping in popularity.
As soon as the next big game comes out, it will probably drop even more.
#7Surv1valismPosted 3/13/2013 12:25:29 PM
Lol $20 within weeks...sure. But yeah go for tomb raider first. i 100% the SP in TR in just under 15 hours. But was the best single experience in a while.
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#8pothocketPosted 3/13/2013 12:25:34 PM
There is some stealth in TR to start engagements with the enemy, if you want to, but once it's on there's no going back. I've never had enemies lose track of me during a fight.

So basically "stealth" is taking down as many enemies with the bow as you can before someone notices their friends are dead on the ground and the alarm is raised.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9SunDevil77Posted 3/13/2013 12:27:22 PM
Quote:Lol $20 within weeks...sure. But yeah go for tomb raider first. i 100% the SP in TR in just under 15 hours. But was the best single experience in a while.
@Surv1valism
It's already been $38 at Hastings. $40 on newegg right now iirc
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#10Surv1valismPosted 3/13/2013 2:11:24 PM
so $40 = $20?
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)