This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Microsoft currently has the best exclusives

#211Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 3:17:04 PM
bladegash666 posted...
The only thing that is clear is you have not played the game much, lol. There are some QTE for cutscenes. There are probably TWO enemies in the game you have to defeat with QTE. The dodging and press Y is a skill you acquire to counter attack. I never had that, I dodged and fired a shotgun.

Why did you even bother posting for a game you haven't played?

The actual combat is just a third person shooter. It's not even close to being filled with QTE. QTE were mentioned in reviews, but not for general combat. For some boss battles, yeah they took that route when it was time to end it. That is such a small portion of the game, and to prove you've not played it would be telling people there is QTE in the combat.

You changed your argument from "the QTEs are not really in the combat" to "it doesn't really rely on it".

I proved the first wrong , because it is there , period. I have beat the game , if you want me to provide proof , I will.

BTW : 3 bosses require melee. Hell , the first one you fight is in a chapter that is mostly QTE.

You missed the point I'm trying to make. Yeah you can say that there is QTE in the combat, but if only happens a small handful of times through the entire game, why even mention it at all?

It sounds like you are being a nit picking **** head just to prove a point. I don't believe you played the game, otherwise you would not absurdly boast Tomb Raider has QTE in the combat, because it is so small.

Another thing I don't get what you mean. Melee kills to kill bosses? No, those are the QTE I told you about. To finish a couple of bosses, you go through a two or three button QTE.

You haven't played the game, what is your actual argument? That the two bosses required QTE to kill them, making them over easy? I agree. But to say combat requires QTE just based on that is pretty stupid.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#212bladegash666Posted 3/14/2013 3:44:51 PM
You missed the point I'm trying to make. Yeah you can say that there is QTE in the combat, but if only happens a small handful of times through the entire game, why even mention it at all?

Kinda hard to get what you're saying when you keep changing the point. The fact that it happens at all is a problem in my book. I still like the combat , but I like UC combat more(no QTE in combat , you can jump on anything , more weapons , blindfire , etc.).

It sounds like you are being a nit picking **** head just to prove a point. I don't believe you played the game, otherwise you would not absurdly boast Tomb Raider has QTE in the combat, because it is so small.

Why the insults? lol. I can see you want proof , so here it is:

http://us.playstation.com/community/mytrophies/

It's not that small. It being there is a problem. It's like they made it a shooter to appeal to people who are not really into TRs classical gameplay. That's fine , but it doesn't really make action adventure evolve. Especially when you look at what Legend did to the legacy of TR. Also , learn the definition of the word boast.

Another thing I don't get what you mean. Melee kills to kill bosses? No, those are the QTE I told you about. To finish a couple of bosses, you go through a two or three button QTE.

Yep. But you use melee attacks to kill them. That was my point ; thank you for proving it for me.

You haven't played the game, what is your actual argument? That the two bosses required QTE to kill them, making them over easy? I agree. But to say combat requires QTE just based on that is pretty stupid.

Three bosses. Also , I never said the combat "relies" on QTE , I said it's there and it's problem with the gameplay. You're also downplaying how much QTE is in the game.
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#213Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 4:03:17 PM
If you like uncharted because the lack of QTE in combat, you clearly did not play this game. You probably googled that there are three bosses that use QTE. Your point is absurd. My point is that the QTE in combat is so seldom, it's not even mentioning.

However, not only do you mention it, but you act like it's an actual reason to put the combat down(Less than 1% of the actual combat I'm sure, since THREE entire enemies are finished with QTE) as opposed to the clearly weaker competitor, Drake's Fortune.

The combat on Tomb Raider can carry a game based on that. If Drake's Fortune were just a third person shooter, it would be terrible.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#214bladegash666Posted 3/14/2013 4:21:18 PM(edited)
If you like uncharted because the lack of QTE in combat, you clearly did not play this game. You probably googled that there are three bosses that use QTE. Your point is absurd. My point is that the QTE in combat is so seldom, it's not even mentioning.

What? That first part makes no damn sense. I showed proof that I have played this game , but you ignored that(probably because it decimates your claim entirely). And no , there are three bosses that have nothing but QTE , and no other gameplay to them. That's a fact.

However, not only do you mention it, but you act like it's an actual reason to put the combat down(Less than 1% of the actual combat I'm sure, since THREE entire enemies are finished with QTE) as opposed to the clearly weaker competitor, Drake's Fortune.

It is though. You put down GOW before(which I'm not against in that context) but I can't put down TR for having loads of QTE? Double standard much?

The combat on Tomb Raider can carry a game based on that. If Drake's Fortune were just a third person shooter, it would be terrible.

Apparently not. It resorts to using QTEs , and actually copies off of Uncharted. If UC is so bad , then what is TR if it ripped it so much? lol. Uncharted is a TPS. Doesn't mean it can be action adventure too.

Salt In The Wound:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/tomb-raider

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Pretty sure TR won't sell as high or get all the awards U2 got either.
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#215metaldiggle2Posted 3/14/2013 4:30:58 PM
Gears of War is the greatest competitive TPS series of all time.
Halo is the greatest competitive FPS series of all time.
I'm not the biggest fan of racing games, but it is no secret Forza has been wiping the floor with Gran Turismo for as long as it has been around.

That being said, Nintendo will ALWAYS have the greatest set of exclusive games.

so D
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#216Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 8:18:31 PM
bladegash666 posted...

What? That first part makes no damn sense. I showed proof that I have played this game , but you ignored that(probably because it decimates your claim entirely). And no , there are three bosses that have nothing but QTE , and no other gameplay to them. That's a fact.

It is though. You put down GOW before(which I'm not against in that context) but I can't put down TR for having loads of QTE? Double standard much?

Apparently not. It resorts to using QTEs , and actually copies off of Uncharted. If UC is so bad , then what is TR if it ripped it so much? lol. Uncharted is a TPS. Doesn't mean it can be action adventure too.

Salt In The Wound:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/tomb-raider

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Pretty sure TR won't sell as high or get all the awards U2 got either.

Salt in what wound? I played both games and enjoyed Tomb Raider better. Why would I be bothered by metracritic?The only thing disturbing is that you clearly haven't played both games. If I went by metacritic, I'd be a jack ass. My favorite game is not GTA IV and my favorite shooter is not CoD.

I do not believe this game surpasses a total of 10 QTE throughout the game. That's probably it. I'm not certain why you are saying it's filled with them. You are lying now. I said I did not like the QTE, however, I never said the game was frustratingly filled with them.

You must have read a wrong review. Where's the wound? I'll like to pour my piss over it, because it's sterile. =) It looks like the wound is in your brain. Any time you get into an argument over games you haven't played, use metacritic as your source, and say low brow things like "Here's salt in the wound" before showcasing two metacritic scores, you already lost the battle. You're a joke now and nothing will ever change that.
---
#217Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 8:22:59 PM
Also, I hate professional reviews. Why would an entire bunch, many whom I haven't heard of, make me say that proves a game's better.

The real "salt in the wound" is the entire Uncharted Series was shown up by Tomb Raider. It's not as popular so I don't care if it sold as well as Uncharted. Blops 2 outsold all of my favorite shooters.

Tomb Raider > Uncharted SERIES
Uncharted has good platforming, but the other half of the game regarding combat is lousy.

Tomb Raider has some annoying QTE, but it gives you a complete package with GREAT pacing, GREAT combat, and of course really fun platforming that never gets frustrating because the levels are well done and the controls and camera are nailed to perfection.
---
#218aj4x94Posted 3/14/2013 8:37:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

In all seriousness, no. I own both, and I'd give it to the PS3.
---
Playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Trilogy, Tomb Raider
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#219Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 8:49:51 PM
Also to whoever the guy was trying to argue with me. There are people who can break down parts of a person's thread and rip their argument apart. You're not at all one of those as the points of your arguments suck. =)
---
#220bladegash666Posted 3/15/2013 12:54:06 AM
Salt in what wound? I played both games and enjoyed Tomb Raider better. Why would I be bothered by metracritic?The only thing disturbing is that you clearly haven't played both games. If I went by metacritic, I'd be a jack ass. My favorite game is not GTA IV and my favorite shooter is not CoD.

But...I have. I even provided proof! Something you conveniently ignored. I wonder why?

do not believe this game surpasses a total of 10 QTE throughout the game. That's probably it. I'm not certain why you are saying it's filled with them. You are lying now. I said I did not like the QTE, however, I never said the game was frustratingly filled with them.

Ok , now you're just trolling. The first hour and a half is mostly QTE. What TR did you play friend? There's QTE for platforming , for combat , for damn near everything but running lol.You must have been drunk if you think it's minimal or insignificant.

You must have read a wrong review. Where's the wound? I'll like to pour my piss over it, because it's sterile. =) It looks like the wound is in your brain. Any time you get into an argument over games you haven't played, use metacritic as your source, and say low brow things like "Here's salt in the wound" before showcasing two metacritic scores, you already lost the battle. You're a joke now and nothing will ever change that.

Translation: The better game got better scores , so I'm mad. I can't do anything about it so I'll just try to discredit using my (lol) opinion.
---
"I was wrong about you ; you are just like one of us. Now you're just being NASTY!"'