This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I haven't played any previous Elder Scrolls, would I enjoy Skyrim?

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 3/13/2013 5:48:11 PM
I know I'm late lol, but I'm thinking about picking up Skyrim.
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#2AsucaHayashiPosted 3/13/2013 5:48:36 PM
you'll be fine.

the games are standalone anyways.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy or can play legally for free.
#3Big FanPosted 3/13/2013 6:15:37 PM
Yes. I could not get into any of the previous titles, but love Skyrim
---
GT: Code XxX
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/recitedsilence
#4staticxtreme5Posted 3/13/2013 7:52:14 PM
Depends on if its your kinda game or not. The stories are all stand alone so you don't need to play any prior games. Personally, as a fan of TES since Morrowind, I like Skyrim the best. That isn't the popular opinion though, from long time fans.
#5Dev445Posted 3/13/2013 7:59:14 PM
I guess if you like them type of games, but it bored the hell out of me. I underestimated how popular it is though. It made 14 million worldwide its up there with COD.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#6velvet_hammerPosted 3/13/2013 8:04:53 PM(edited)
no, not if you like gameplay.. The story is trash, wait what story.. The characters are laughable, wait what stand out characters? the animations and combat are from 1999.. You will spend at least 1/3rd of the time in loading screens.. oh and even the 360 version runs like dirt

PASS!
---
"F*** weed, I'm smoking Bob Marley's ashes."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6svFbckq5s
#7smashthesmurfsPosted 3/13/2013 8:17:22 PM
I really enjoyed skyrim with the exception that the loading screens are ridiculously long when loaded off the disk (2-3 minutes sometimes) and I would have to watch tv during the loading screens which gets old since there are so many of them.
---
GT: papa cashwads