This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions for the gamers on this board concerning modern gaming journalism

#1CronoDynePosted 3/14/2013 12:13:02 AM
For you personally, what do you find least likable about modern video game journalism?

What do you find most likable?

What aspect of it would you like to change if you could?

Be open and honest, and no flame wars!
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#2Super CreaturesPosted 3/14/2013 12:50:36 AM
CronoDyne posted...
what do you find least likable about modern video game journalism?

95% of modern video game "journalism" has no right to be called such.

That is what I dislike the most about what you would call modern video game journalism.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/14/2013 12:51:57 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
For you personally, what do you find least likable about modern video game journalism?

The selling out to give positive reviews, anything under an 8 qualifying as garbage, stupid reviewers (Jim Sterling), etc.

What do you find most likable?

Honesty a.k.a. Angry Joe.

What aspect of it would you like to change if you could?

I would like these "journalists" to have some integrity.

---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 12:57:55 AM
Modern Gaming Journalism is just a small picture. Journalism is dead. All of our news stations about more important things are all biased and slanted, and they often go overboard in turn for ratings. They are not selling papers any more, they are selling bandwidth.

If big names like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are unreliable; why should gaming journalism be taken seriously? Just call it what it is. Tabloids.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#5Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 1:03:39 AM(edited)
Not for nothing, but in the month of February Xbox Board's own troll, Mrplasmacutter made a troll thread giving a fake Gameinformer review for DS3.

NG4 or whatever the site is called used that as material to write an article about GameInformer's up and coming review. The chief editor or something for Gameinformer had to go on twitter and deny this article. The article regarding DS3 was up for over 24 hours. That is plasmacutter's claim to fame, since then he's been a bitter cold blanket around here.

Then lately, based on an "anonymous source", another hack job site says that EA axed the Dead Space series. It may very well happen one day. Then EA had to clear the air by saying it was a rumor.

Give me a break.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#6CapwnDPosted 3/14/2013 1:06:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 1:11:33 AM
Which one?
---
#8Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 1:18:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9CapwnDPosted 3/14/2013 1:21:34 AM
I was talking about the plasma guy.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#10Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 1:33:05 AM
Yeah he will complain about anything. He's not too hard to deal with because his negative comments do not get to me. I pointed that out to him. If nothing makes you happy, why even hang out here? Clearly a new hobby should be in a normal person's brain, at least I think so.

At a certain point, there was nothing to do but make fun of him. I said he's like the guy that ruins everyones time in the movies. No one really wants him to go, but he's there. Through the movie others are enjoying it, and he's complaining about it. Then for days, he continues to complain.

Perhaps I didn't say it that thorough, but I hope he reads it again. =) It wasn't flattering to him the first time.
---