This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions for the gamers on this board concerning modern gaming journalism

#31Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 12:53:12 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Hmmm, search around for American Horror Story Name Game, you should be able to find it. Great show, and they put this cute musical number in there which was quite bizarre for a show about a scary asylum, possessed nuns, Nazi doctor, etc.

I've wanted to watch the show but I've heard such mixed reviews for it. Also, which episode has the musical number in it? Musicals are the gamma rays to my Bruce banner.

EDIT: OK that was not expected during a horror show. Also not really a musical number so I probably won't smash anything while watching it.

So you've seen it? That was late in Season 2. If you're unaware, each season is self contained and has nothing to do with the other(s), though they retain many of the same actors. Season 1 was haunted house, 2 was asylum. Throughout season 2 one of the characters had been referred to as Lana Banana, then they did that song out of the blue.

Yeah I watched it. My gf and I just finished watching misfits on Netflix last night so I think we will start watching that.

I may still think Sheepinator is a **** for trolling on Max Payne 3's forum(Community is still active btw.)

But you two clearly have good taste in television. I watched both seasons. I felt season 2 was terrific, and the way they handled Sister Jude was tear jerking.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#32WinternovaPosted 3/14/2013 12:54:26 PM
CronoDyne posted...
For you personally, what do you find least likable about modern video game journalism?

As opposed to ancient video game journalism, like what is found in Josephus' Roman histories?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#33ChezDispenserPosted 3/14/2013 6:42:14 PM
I don't dislike modern gaming journalism so much as I do most modern gamers.

For example, we are an audience that widely uses a completely broken scale to review games (1-5 = crap, 6 = bad, 7 = average, 8, 9, 10 = great.) We use half a metric to critique our games. It's ridiculous and it happens because of the readers, not the reviewers, most of whom have expressed disdain for putting numerical scores on **** anyway.
---
Goddamn!
#34Banana_ManaPosted 3/15/2013 1:19:32 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Super Creatures posted...
95% of modern video game "journalism" has no right to be called such.

95% of modern "journalism" has no right to be called such.

95% of a typical Banana_Mana post is 100% perfect, 99% of the time.

Every time you post I hear this goddamn song in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KTJlY3GZjs

Thanks for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2KXudEjkI
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#35dannyaqPosted 3/15/2013 3:32:02 AM
Least likeable, all the damn video articles. I want text, not video. Most likable, I guess reviews, that's what I read the most.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#36seankimberley42Posted 3/15/2013 8:09:08 AM
Winternova posted...
CronoDyne posted...
For you personally, what do you find least likable about modern video game journalism?

As opposed to ancient video game journalism, like what is found in Josephus' Roman histories?

Thou art a newbius Maximus!!
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice