This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is wrong with Crysis 3? Can't put a finger on it?

#11staticxtreme5Posted 3/14/2013 3:09:18 AM
symach posted...
I can't put a finger on it, it looks great, it plays good, yet as far as FPS go, I had a LOT more fun playing through Halo 4 than this so far. I can't quite pinpoint what the deal is, I should be having a blast here, but Its really ho hum? Is it because I just finished Tomb Raider and I thought it was one of the defining titles if this gen and this just isn't stacking up well? Is it that halo 4 was just a better feeling FPS? Or is it something else? Why can't I seem to figure out why I'm not having fun yet? I loved crysis 2?

Why are you asking us this.
#12pothocketPosted 3/14/2013 5:40:02 AM
I don't have any problems playing Crysis 3 or replaying it. It's an amazing shooter. The only thing that's blah to me is the added hacking gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13symach(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:07:45 AM
Quote:Rome218 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Basically, Crysis 3 is a bit below average. The game does nothing special and I would say this is the worst in the series.

I agree with you but I also feel just like TC. I can't put my finger as to why. I loved Crysis 2, I really enjoyed Halo 4 despite not being a Halo fan, and when I played Crysis 3.. it was a satisfying shooter.

The bow was a treat to use. I was bored and returned it to red box. I rent Tomb Raider, I am thinking: "This may be one of my favorite games." I beat it, and still purchase. I believe this game was a 60 dollar blockbuster and I love it. It has to be in my collection now.

I want to give Crysis 3 another chance when it's bargain bin. I think what made me not like it, perhaps I'm bored in walking slowly into cloak and not seeing the cool as heck looking bow? Or sometimes too many enemies swarm you and you're forced to play in a way you do not want.

It changed the run features, which I love. I like the guy Psycho. It's sci fi. I do not know why I couldn't get into it.

I like the bow too. I feel it's the best done bow in any game. But the game gets boring soon.

@DarkSymbiote

I don't know after finishing Tomb Raider I think the now in that felt better than the crysis bow
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#14DarkSymbiotePosted 3/14/2013 8:13:53 AM
symach posted...
Quote:Rome218 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Basically, Crysis 3 is a bit below average. The game does nothing special and I would say this is the worst in the series.

I agree with you but I also feel just like TC. I can't put my finger as to why. I loved Crysis 2, I really enjoyed Halo 4 despite not being a Halo fan, and when I played Crysis 3.. it was a satisfying shooter.

The bow was a treat to use. I was bored and returned it to red box. I rent Tomb Raider, I am thinking: "This may be one of my favorite games." I beat it, and still purchase. I believe this game was a 60 dollar blockbuster and I love it. It has to be in my collection now.

I want to give Crysis 3 another chance when it's bargain bin. I think what made me not like it, perhaps I'm bored in walking slowly into cloak and not seeing the cool as heck looking bow? Or sometimes too many enemies swarm you and you're forced to play in a way you do not want.

It changed the run features, which I love. I like the guy Psycho. It's sci fi. I do not know why I couldn't get into it.

I like the bow too. I feel it's the best done bow in any game. But the game gets boring soon.

@DarkSymbiote

I don't know after finishing Tomb Raider I think the now in that felt better than the crysis bow

Trust me, you will appreciate the Crysis 3 bow when you find out how you can tweak it. Good customisation in that regard.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#15Erupt50Posted 3/14/2013 8:20:48 AM
symach posted...
I can't put a finger on it, it looks great, it plays good, yet as far as FPS go, I had a LOT more fun playing through Halo 4 than this so far. I can't quite pinpoint what the deal is, I should be having a blast here, but Its really ho hum? Is it because I just finished Tomb Raider and I thought it was one of the defining titles if this gen and this just isn't stacking up well? Is it that halo 4 was just a better feeling FPS? Or is it something else? Why can't I seem to figure out why I'm not having fun yet? I loved crysis 2?

I know what you mean. The problem is Crysis is just so damn average it's sickening. There's nothing particularly "wrong" with it but everything is just average average average. I couldn't even get myself to finish the campaign in Crysis 3 yet. It also doesn't help the the story is a borefest.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50