This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great article about what is wrong with the gaming industry today

#1ab2c4Posted 3/14/2013 4:32:19 PM
I wish all the companies involved in the gaming world would read this article, maybe they would learn something. I couldn't agree with it more.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/5-video-game-features-could-live-without-192935445.html
#2KingKilvasPosted 3/14/2013 4:36:15 PM
I hate how multiplayer is tacked on to EVERY SINGLE GAME. God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed....none of those games needed it. It's such an obvious cash grab.
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 3/14/2013 4:46:49 PM
Single player experiences are not becoming less common. That article is dumb.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4kingwutuguPosted 3/14/2013 4:59:53 PM
what about crappy expensive dlc? you don't need an article to tell you that
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/14/2013 5:01:00 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...

/topic.

Single player experiences still take up about 80% of time spent gaming iirc.

All of these "reasons" are self explanatory. The system updates one is especially dumb. If they didn't update, we wouldn't get functions that work.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#6Unsugarized_FooPosted 3/14/2013 5:03:07 PM
KingKilvas posted...
I hate how multiplayer is tacked on to EVERY SINGLE GAME. God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed....none of those games needed it. It's such an obvious cash grab.

Tomb Raider and GoW have multiplayer? The hell?
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#7PStrifePosted 3/14/2013 9:21:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

/topic.

Single player experiences still take up about 80% of time spent gaming iirc.

All of these "reasons" are self explanatory. The system updates one is especially dumb. If they didn't update, we wouldn't get functions that work.

How about they learn how to make a product, instead of showing great incompetence by constantly having system updates. They really can't figure this stuff out from the start? It is called planning and executing.

Updates even create system breaking bugs at times, the manufacturers don't seem to mention that part in their pro-software updates BS. Even though it is a common occurance.

How about they learn how to make a product, instead of constantly being an annoying improvisasion. Or how about the Wii, which had all the anti-piracy trolling software updates. Never bothered with the Wii and online, so I would have to put with such incompetence.

You seem to want to praise incompetent designers for always sucking at their jobs.
#8WinternovaPosted 3/14/2013 9:24:30 PM
Wow...GameFAQs whiners have infested Yahoo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#9JukainPosted 3/14/2013 9:46:42 PM
KingKilvas posted...
tacked on

tacked on

tacked on

tacked on

tacked on

TACKED ON
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#10Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 9:55:51 PM
I read that article and it reinforced what I already felt. The biggest problem in gaming are people complaining. :P There's a reason I still play games. They are great.

Gamers do not handle things as well as people with other hobbies. People act as low brow as humanly possible about games. The way people behaved on the PS3 DmC board was the most disgusting behavior I've seen from people.

I hope I continue to enjoy gaming and people just continue to cry and get ignored because normal people see them as irrational idiots.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES