This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

turtle beach dx12's

#1staticxtreme5Posted 3/14/2013 7:32:02 PM
So I bought a pair of these wired headphones, and I was wondering if there is a way to set it up so that when the volume is high and no sounds are playing (load screens, etc) that I don't hear that dead air sound from the speakers. Im sure its just a common thing among headsets, but I didn't get any instructions with them so I don't know how to go about trying to EQ them or what I can try that may help.
#2staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:29:42 PM
Bump
#3blablablax17Posted 3/15/2013 1:01:13 AM
dont buy a cheapo headset
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#4CaIiber345Posted 3/15/2013 1:11:03 AM
Do you mean a faint buzzing sound? Turn down the Chat volume if not in a chat. And unplug the headset from the controller. Also, if its a Plug and Play, you'll get that sound when the charging cable is plugged into the controller.

Try those out and see if any of them are the culprits.
---
"You can't put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head." -Tyrion Lannister
Hail HYDRA!
#5CapwnDPosted 3/15/2013 4:31:17 AM
Im sure its just a common thing among headsets

Not really...

You're using Toslink optical directly from the 360 to the DSS2 box, right?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#6CapwnDPosted 3/15/2013 4:31:57 AM
Do you mean a faint buzzing sound? Turn down the Chat volume if not in a chat. And unplug the headset from the controller. Also, if its a Plug and Play, you'll get that sound when the charging cable is plugged into the controller.

Try those out and see if any of them are the culprits.

Yep, that too.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:58:46 AM
Its hard to describe the sound. The only way I can think to describe it is how on a lot of stereo systems when you have them turned on, but your not listening to anything. If you were to turn the volume up to near max and put your ear to one of the speakers you can hear some dead air or however you want to describe it. This is what I hear when the volume is turned up over halfway in the headset. I don't have the mic hooked up at all, so I don't think that could be it. I need to find a manual to this headset, maybe that will help me out. I haven't messed with the EQ or anything, so maybe it will help if I do.
#8staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:02:03 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Im sure its just a common thing among headsets

Not really...

You're using Toslink optical directly from the 360 to the DSS2 box, right?

Yes I am. Also the other guy mentioned Plug and Play. I have no idea about that, Its a wired headset, I don't think there is anything to charge at all. If your referring to a plug and play charger for the wireless controller, no I'm not using one of those. I have a dock I charge my controllers in.
#9CapwnDPosted 3/15/2013 7:32:42 AM
Have you tried unplugging the chat cable? have you tried covering up the boom on the mic? That mic is very sensetive and often gives you (or the people in your party) feedback. If I had that mic I would try covering it up with something. But I think that's a seperate issue.

try unplugging the chat to see if that's where the problem is. Not all systems are like that, but the chat does often add some extra noise.

What you are describing is also one of the reasons I went from the X41 (now they're the X42) to the Astro A40 and eventually to the Astro Mixamp + Sennheiser PC360. Actually now I use the Astro mixamp + Sennheiser PC360 along with the DSS2 as a seperate amp, just for game audio and the mixamp just for chat. That is the best of the best from what I have seen, but that would cost you another $330 or so.

Whatever you're thinking of doing, you may be able to save some money by using that DSS2 box along with some other headphones and mic. You could even just get the PC360 and use the DSS2 with that, but you would need two extra cables to make chat work, and you won't hear your own voice through the headphones with that setup.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss