This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need a new Skate game

#1davidthedawg639Posted 3/14/2013 8:35:01 PM
I still play Skate 3 quite a bit, but it's starting to get stale. We need a new Skate game. I've heard rumors (kind of confirmed by EA) that we are getting a new one this year though.
#2rttnPosted 3/14/2013 8:41:58 PM
As much as You, Many others, and I wish there was another Skate. I feel they will completely ignore the community and ruin the series as EA let go of Black Box shortly after release.

Now if they were to pay attention to what the fans want. we possibly would never need another Skate again. If they work on the pure creation they introduced in 3 and build off that, they could have a top notch game

or at least read this thread on their forums -> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2564742.page;jsessionid=B31E8AF219FB90E474A5EAB7481792F4
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
400msp will get you Bloody Good Time. If you don't have it, you should.
#3MK_GodPosted 3/14/2013 9:06:12 PM
If they make a new one, be prepared for no more in game fake money. Clothes, haircuts, boards, trucks, basically all skateboard parts will be purchased through micro-transactions.
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins
#4darkharePosted 3/14/2013 10:11:28 PM
MK_God posted...
If they make a new one, be prepared for no more in game fake money. Clothes, haircuts, boards, trucks, basically all skateboard parts will be purchased through micro-transactions.

you either didnt get enough hugs from your momma, or you got way to many hugs from your uncle... lay off with the whole world is evil and out to get me crap k?
---
as long as the game divides out to be around $1 or less an hour, the amount i spent on buying it is irrelevent.
#5M4karovPosted 3/14/2013 10:19:25 PM
I'm still not done with the original Skate.
#6darkharePosted 3/14/2013 11:01:26 PM
i played Skate2 about as long as i played Oblivion, the game has a huge amount of content and damn it sometims its fun to jump into a game with a friend and just shoot the chit while skating a pool
---
as long as the game divides out to be around $1 or less an hour, the amount i spent on buying it is irrelevent.
#7Merc123Posted 3/15/2013 2:36:29 AM
I play Skate 3 a bit still, really liked it. I would like a new skate game too.

I would like another Tony Hawk game though. I think THPSHD while not perfect got the series back on track off those crappy Board controller games. I would rather have Neversoft get it back than Robomodo do another, but i would like to see how they do a classic full game.
#8pothocketPosted 3/15/2013 5:51:43 AM
darkhare posted...
i played Skate2 about as long as i played Oblivion, the game has a huge amount of content and damn it sometims its fun to jump into a game with a friend and just shoot the chit while skating a pool

You should watch my Skate 2 videos. They're easy to find in the game because one of them is in the top 10 most watched videos. Just click on my gamertag from that video and it'll take you to all of them.

On topic: Skate is an awesome series but what else can they do with it to keep it fresh? Release Skate 4 as a next gen title? That would work!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9SunDevil77Posted 3/15/2013 6:03:59 AM
Do people actually skate in real life still? O_o

I miss the '90's, man.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#10oasisbeyondPosted 3/15/2013 6:05:34 AM
The series is getting stale and not selling good anymore. They need to change it up in the next one. Controls are too awkward for most people.