This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

sonwhy was Syndicage so overlooked by so many?

#11656stoogePosted 3/14/2013 10:08:15 PM
Probably because it was never even released over here in Australia.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#12DoukouPosted 3/14/2013 10:12:33 PM
googler posted...
glassghost0 posted...
idkdad

what the **** does that mean?

I got this picture
http://m422.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/meghan_011/idkdad.jpg.html?o=428
---
Don't read this sig.
#13Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 10:35:56 PM
I rented it and got bored of it. I probably will give it another chance when it's for sale for really cheap.

I think my main problem was.. I'm trying to remember.

Okay, I think the graphics were really good but the game constantly encouraged you to use some vision mode that took out the entire point of the graphics. It got annoying.

Then I came to the boss fight in which I won. All I recall is that I constantly had to keep shooting him, and I don't like bullet sponges. I did not play much after that, so I need to give it another chance. There were things I liked about the game.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#14str8KnowledgePosted 3/14/2013 11:05:18 PM
They didn't market it proper pops cuz I never hurd of it
#15Rome218Posted 3/14/2013 11:14:20 PM
str8Knowledge posted...
They didn't market it proper pops cuz I never hurd of it

It had a demo out in the market place before it's release. It is a 4 player co-op demo for the game. It felt pretty good, and I enjoyed the gore.

If my memory serves me right, the single player looked better. I may not have gotten into it, but that does not mean it was a bad game. I never felt like it was a bad one when I was playing it, I just got bored.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#16Super CreaturesPosted 3/14/2013 11:33:03 PM
googler posted...
I guessed as much about the idk, but the "dad" part at the end of it?

Dad, AKA father, pops, old man, sperm donor, guy who ****ed your mother, etc, etc, etc.

As in, I don't know dad.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#17shawnmckPosted 3/14/2013 11:37:43 PM
The game just wasn't any good. It was mediocre throughout, and didn't even last long.
And the over use of bloom lighting on everything was extremely annoying. I tried adjusting my brightness all the way down and it was still annoying.
Also, the story was dumb as hell and very cliche (evil corporation that wants to take over the world, or something like that). DULL !
This games has rush-job written all over it.
#18RPG_ApostlePosted 3/15/2013 2:54:30 AM
When it was released it caused my friends XBox to freeze whenever he tried to play something else.

Cleared the cache, and things worked normally until he'd play Syndicate again.

Last week he tried playing again, and after downloading a patch, it now works fine.

So... Yep.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#19Dragon NexusPosted 3/15/2013 5:34:29 AM
1) Because those who didn't know of the original game see this as yet another shooter that doesn't do anything particularly new.
2) Because those who did know of the original game see this as a cheap cash in on a brand name because EA is too terrified to appeal to a niche, making their games as broadly markettable and bland as possible.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#20LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/17/2013 7:52:13 PM
Syndicate, and no one knows