This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inverters get in here!

#11JGA1980Posted 3/15/2013 4:52:38 AM
Because that's the way pivots work on a 3D plane and if it's good enough for real life, it's good enough for games.

If my camera and tripod works on an "inverted" Y axis in real life, why shouldn't a camera in a video game work in the same manner?

In real life I aim a gun in the "inverted" manner, i.e. to aim up and raise the barrel whilst keeping the sights in line with my eye, I pivot the stock down, to aim down and lower the barrel whilst keeping the sights at eye level, I pivot the stock up, so why should guns in video games be any different?

Inverted is just easier and natural, I can't get my head around controlling the Y axis in a 3D environment in the opposite manner to real life.
#12Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/15/2013 5:28:03 AM
Inverted is just easier and natural, I can't get my head around controlling the Y axis in a 3D environment in the opposite manner to real life.

^ a word of warning. people on messageboards will never understand common sense like that.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#13Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/15/2013 5:29:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2ujgxhogQ
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#14StarGoyPosted 3/15/2013 5:36:02 AM
Analogue stick at the back of the head.
#15SunDevil77Posted 3/15/2013 5:44:38 AM
*sneaks in*
*pokes you guys with a very long stick*

You invert freaks!
Teehee
*runs off*
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#16Banana_ManaPosted 3/15/2013 5:55:38 AM
In this topic up is down...

Huh?

No, I don't understand it either.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#17Ginsu VictimPosted 3/15/2013 5:56:26 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
Because in my day it was the default and I got used to it.

I've been gaming since the 70s. I tolerated inverted until games gave me the option to go normal.

Inverted Y is for flying games. FPS/TPS....normal.

Now, inverted X axis.....don't get me started on how much I hate THAT.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#18Banana_ManaPosted 3/15/2013 5:57:27 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
bigphil2003 posted...
Because in my day it was the default and I got used to it.

I've been gaming since the 70s. I tolerated inverted until games gave me the option to go normal.

Inverted Y is for flying games. FPS/TPS....normal.

Now, inverted X axis.....don't get me started on how much I hate THAT.

F U. I've been gaming since 1658.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#19skiguy1981Posted 3/15/2013 6:15:56 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
Because in my day it was the default and I got used to it. Also it just makes more sense logically

this
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#20GeistPosted 3/15/2013 6:17:42 AM
I play inverted for the same reason as you TC.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim