This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inverters get in here!

#31NemorianPosted 3/15/2013 7:57:32 AM
It just feels... right to me, not sure why. It's the only way I can play games anymore though. Whenever I try to play something that doesn't have the Y inverted, anyone watching would probably get the impression I've never played a video game in my life.
#32Garbage_DayPosted 3/15/2013 8:03:23 AM
I always invert the Y-axis no matter what.
I used to invert the X-axis as well but, somewhere along the line, that changed. I don't know why.
---
Signature remains until the Kansas City Royals make the playoffs (10.11.05).
#33Drophyd167bPosted 3/15/2013 8:07:50 AM
I accidentally switched to inverted when playing Mass Effect once and somehow went a whole play through without realising. Ever since, normal controls have felt unnatural to me.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - Drophyd167b
#34combatcm1Posted 3/15/2013 8:07:59 AM
I don't think inverted players see the stick as up and down.

I see it as forward and back
#35superbowl54Posted 3/15/2013 8:14:25 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
Because in my day it was the default and I got used to it. Also it just makes more sense logically

this

It was the default setting back in the day when I poured countless hours into Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64, and it's stick with me every since.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#36jonesatoPosted 3/15/2013 8:16:42 AM
I play inverted as well. Probably due to games like wing commander. The walking dead game was difficult for me since I couldnt invert.
#37Res5Posted 3/15/2013 8:19:09 AM
I invert in weird ways. If it's a shooter I have to play inverted Y and normal X. If it's an action camera I need both inverted.

.............Although Tomb Raider practically forced me to do my shooter controls at all times because of it's constant need to switch back and forth between shooting and action cameras so I started using that setup for other games too recently but usually stuff like that doesn't stick.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#38SoaringDivePosted 3/15/2013 8:19:14 AM
In first person, I never invert. In third person, I always invert.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#39Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 3/15/2013 8:29:52 AM
The original Red Faction on PS2 was the first game that I played that had the modern dual analog stick controls and the default control scheme was inverted in that. Since then I have always used inverted controls because that's what I started out with and what I'm comfortable with.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#40skiguy1981Posted 3/16/2013 7:22:36 AM
nothingbeast posted...
I play inverted and don't understand the people who say "it's not natural".

Ok.

Put your left thumb on top of your head.

Now look up.

Now look down.

Ah ha.

If you play with regular controls, that's fine... but it's actually more "natural" to be inverted.

Very true I also don't understand why "normal" players rip on the inverts... Wtf
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln