This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inverters get in here!

#41Mutant1988Posted 3/16/2013 7:40:43 AM
skiguy1981 posted...
Very true I also don't understand why "normal" players rip on the inverts... Wtf

The use of the word "normal" to describe that control method gives them a false sense of superiority.

They seem to believe normal is synonymous with "correct" instead of "common".

Short version: They're idiots.

Play with the control method you prefer. No justification is needed.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#42shinobisBACKPosted 3/16/2013 8:16:04 AM
Geist posted...
I play inverted for the same reason as you TC.

+1 me too
#43shinobisBACKPosted 3/16/2013 8:20:20 AM
jonesato posted...
I play inverted as well. Probably due to games like wing commander. The walking dead game was difficult for me since I couldnt invert.

yeah red baron, wing commander, tie fighter x-wing all those. doom had no look up or down so it didnt matter. since then i have to invert, annoying for passing the controller with buddies but necessary. i also found walking dead kindof annoying because you could invert, even though it isnt really a controller heavy game. telltale suck for no inversion. :(
#44PutHaggarInSFPosted 3/16/2013 8:41:40 AM
I only invert on flying. Just... Makes sense

---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#45ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/16/2013 8:44:28 AM
yep. played normal until perfect dark and accidentally set it to inverted and did alot better. been using it since
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#46SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/16/2013 9:43:59 AM
I've always had this theory that if you played FPS or TPS games on PC and used Inverted with mouse and keyboard, that you would actually use uninverted on console and vise versa. I have questioned many of my friends about this and the majority have proven my theory.

I'm inverted with mouse and keyboard and uninverted on consoles.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#47CreightonWPosted 3/16/2013 9:48:18 AM
I play inverted, but until I came to this topic, I could never explain to my friends why. Now I can explain it!
---
Waiting for Vagrant Story 2, the next Chrono game, and Jesus.
#48CapwnDPosted 3/16/2013 9:53:49 AM
I've always had this theory that if you played FPS or TPS games on PC and used Inverted with mouse and keyboard, that you would actually use uninverted on console and vise versa. I have questioned many of my friends about this and the majority have proven my theory.

I'm inverted with mouse and keyboard and uninverted on consoles.

I don't understand inverting on mouse and keyboard. It makes sense with a stick, but maybe because I played a lot of StarFox back in the day, then when I switched to LawnMower Man with no inverted controls it felt terrible. I think that's what got me hooked on inverted.

But with a mouse it just doesn't give me that same natural feel when I use inverted.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#49CapwnDPosted 3/16/2013 9:57:02 AM(edited)
skiguy1981 posted...
Very true I also don't understand why "normal" players rip on the inverts... Wtf

The use of the word "normal" to describe that control method gives them a false sense of superiority.

They seem to believe normal is synonymous with "correct" instead of "common".

Short version: They're idiots.

Play with the control method you prefer. No justification is needed.

I'm an inverted guy but I have absolutely no problem with "normal" describing non-inverted.

I get what your'e saying (that the labels themselves give the sense of what is "correct"), but in general I think it should be labeled "normal" and "inverted".
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh