This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, so I just started playing Sleeping Dogs...

#1Erupt50Posted 3/15/2013 2:50:50 PM
I have no idea how I missed out on this game. It's amazing. The combat might be the best I've ever played in this type of game. It's like arkham city type combat except deeper and more fun(and I always thought the batman games had the best combat). The story and setting is a breath of fresh air as well. Anyone who hasn't played this, I highly recommend giving it a shot.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#2CaIiber345Posted 3/15/2013 2:52:24 PM
Its been in my backlog for months.

Glad you're enjoying it though. :)
---
"You can't put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head." -Tyrion Lannister
Hail HYDRA!
#3RedFive3Posted 3/15/2013 3:14:22 PM
Great game.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#4Dagoth_WitPosted 3/15/2013 3:27:12 PM
I got it for PC around January and ended up loving it. I would never say the combat is deeper than Batman, but it's fun nonetheless. I found myself ignoring missions to find fights on the street. I only wish I got it earlier because I would have bought some of the dlc when it was on the steam sale.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#5lubmelubyouPosted 3/15/2013 3:28:02 PM
The knee break and wall kick made me happy.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#6CyricsServantPosted 3/15/2013 4:02:08 PM(edited)
How does SD and its combat compare to the Yakuza games?
#7rockyoumonkeysPosted 3/15/2013 3:37:51 PM
CyricsServant posted...
How does the SD and its combat compare to the Yakuza games?

Not really at all. The combat is like Arkham Asylum/City.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#8lubmelubyouPosted 3/15/2013 3:37:51 PM
CyricsServant posted...
How does the SD and its combat compare to the Yakuza games?

Tough call.

Yakuza is awesome in a virtua fighter kind of style whereas SD is like a batman style.

Yakuza is alot more brutal but sleeping dogs captures the combat of HK film very well.

Yakuza is my favourite series of all time and I thoroughly loved SD.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#9calinksPosted 3/15/2013 3:50:22 PM
Yakuza fights like an arcade fighting game or traditional beat em up. Sleeping dogs is similar to batman. Sleeping dogs is more realistic, a bit more methodical, and less brutal. Yakuza has a lot more moves.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/1609a9h.gif
"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs and blaming you, you straight, homie." -Big Smoke
#10VertaniaPosted 3/15/2013 4:24:01 PM
Rented it when it came out and didn't like it.
Bought it a couple weeks ago to give it another chance and I still couldn't get into it. Got most of my money back when I sold it though.
---
I hate my username.