This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Give your top 2 reasons for preferring consoles to PC gaming...

#241WhitGameR44Posted 3/16/2013 9:39:27 PM(edited)
Gotta love this topic. Any reason outside of Exclusives and its deemed wrong by PC gamers.

PC isnt expensive.
PC can be used on HDTVS.
PC can use controllers
PC isnt hard to troubleshoot unless your a casual noob.

Blah blah blah.

Who gives a flipping crap why people don't use PC gaming. Why do you people even need to defend PC gaming when most of the people are just giving their non-attacking opinion. Whether they are ignorant or not to how PC gaming actually works.

I just don't care to play on PC in any form or another and because of Exclusives from Sony. That's it plain and simple. I game how I want, you game how you want. If you need to defend or attack anything that involves other peoples entertainment you need to get a ****ing life.

All his topic is is a set-up to get people to give their honest opinion/answer so that others can attack their answers. Ridiculous.
---
Last Game: Red Dead Redemption [360]
Next Game: Alan Wake: American Nightmare [360]
#242Rome218Posted 3/16/2013 9:55:52 PM
WhitGameR44 posted...
Gotta love this topic. Any reason outside of Exclusives and its deemed wrong by PC gamers.

PC isnt expensive.
PC can be used on HDTVS.
PC can use controllers

Blah blah blah.

Who gives a flipping crap why people don't use PC gaming. Why do you people even need to defend PC gaming when most of the people are just giving their non-attacking opinion. Whether they are ignorant or not to how PC gaming actually works.

I just don't care to play on PC in any form or another and because of Exclusives from Sony. That's it plain and simple. I game how I want, you game how you want. If you need to defend or attack anything that involves other peoples entertainment you need to get a ****ing life.

All his topic is is a set-up to get people to give their honest opinion/answer so that others can attack their answers. Ridiculous.

The last sentence is your strongest. TC is a known troll.

Although I am glad it bothered PC diehards. They have come here so many times to mock people for not wanting to waste so much money on PC gaming. :P I was a PC gamer, I know what it involves, and I'm not doing that any more.

Even if I had the money to buy a gaming rig at the moment, I wouldn't. If I had 2 or 3k.. I would probably use some of the money to hire people to make my back porch bigger. Like the cemented area.

I'd probably continue working on my sleeves too.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#243VondasPosted 3/16/2013 11:04:35 PM
Flame war battlegrounds.
#244petran78Posted 3/17/2013 2:12:17 AM
Rome218 posted...
WhitGameR44 posted...

PC isnt expensive.
PC can be used on HDTVS.
PC can use controllers

Blah blah blah.

The last sentence is your strongest. TC is a known troll.

Although I am glad it bothered PC diehards. They have come here so many times to mock people for not wanting to waste so much money on PC gaming. :P I was a PC gamer, I know what it involves, and I'm not doing that any more.

Even if I had the money to buy a gaming rig at the moment, I wouldn't. If I had 2 or 3k.. I would probably use some of the money to hire people to make my back porch bigger. Like the cemented area.

I'd probably continue working on my sleeves too.

I dont undestand some arguments though:

If you buy a cheap game on a Steam offer or somewhere else, you are labelled as a cheapskate, even if you buy an expensive computer system.

yet if you buy a console due to cheapness, yet spend 60+ $ for games supposedly to support developers, you are not a cheapskate?
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#245Rome218Posted 3/17/2013 2:33:40 AM
I dont undestand some arguments though:

If you buy a cheap game on a Steam offer or somewhere else, you are labelled as a cheapskate, even if you buy an expensive computer system.

yet if you buy a console due to cheapness, yet spend 60+ $ for games supposedly to support developers, you are not a cheapskate?

Perhaps you are hanging around the wrong crowd? People talk about picking stuff up from Steam cheap all the time, or we brag about a great deal we get.

Steam is popular because people use it, and for good reason.

Also to people who say you must fork over 60 dollars to support a developer, I just assume that person lives in a Country that I do not recognize, because no one is telling me what to do with my money.

Most games I feel do not deserve to be 60 dollars. In a month there is usually a sale for the game to be 40. I do not feel bad when I do buy used games. Shopping for used games is a fun thing for me.

I don't like when anyone tells me how to spend my money. The guy in my sig was some punk who called buying used games from Gamestop "Legal Piracy." He was one of those lunatics, and bragged about being ex military, while standing against everything that is American. He nerver said his branch of service, but I do know from my sig that he stood fierce in the war of etc.

Anyone who wants to tell you how to spend your money, you tell them to go **** themselves.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#246AlphrinPosted 3/17/2013 6:03:25 AM(edited)
1. Exclusive games are much more to my preference (PC has nothing to replace Mario, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Brothers, Ratchet and Clank, Banjo-Kazooie, or Metal Gear Solid).

2. Simplicity. I just hook up a console and play.

I just bought an Xbox 360 for under 200 bucks, and now I have access to a huge library of games I like, many of which I can buy used for around 15 bucks. Can PC replicate the simplicity of that, and the games that it offers me?

---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#247petran78Posted 3/17/2013 6:32:35 AM
thanks for the clarification Rome.
Because indeed that was a new trend I've read about often on gamefaqs and elsewhere.
Hence I wondered what was wrong about buying cheap.
when games were expensive they blamed piracy for their demise, now that they can be found cheaper they blame users for buying them, leading to the industry's demise.
there will be always a scapegoat.

Alphrin posted...
1. Exclusive games are much more to my preference (PC has nothing to replace Mario, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Brothers, Ratchet and Clank, Banjo-Kazooie, or Metal Gear Solid).

dont need them.
PC has this.

http://bunnymustdie.com/
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#248AlphrinPosted 3/17/2013 8:53:27 PM
petran78 posted...

dont need them.
PC has this.

http://bunnymustdie.com/

I'm not sure if your joking. But a 2D sidescoller starring a girl in a bunny suit is not an adequate replacement for games like Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Mainly because it is a completely different style of game.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#249kingrat2314Posted 3/17/2013 9:46:01 PM
1. nunya
2. bizniss
#250plus1zeroPosted 3/17/2013 10:34:45 PM
1. Ease of use. I used to game a little on PC but I got over it. Give me a console.
2. Updating drivers, my gaming PC is a G72x and gets hot, etc.

I use my ipad almost 99% of the time now.