This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers get so defensive when someone prefers consoles?

#1AWarAmp84Posted 3/16/2013 4:53:28 AM
It must be an ego thing like, "Look at me, I built a PC therefore I'm better than you!". I always laugh a little on the inside when someone puts their PC specs in their sig like anyone really cares.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#2Perfect LightPosted 3/16/2013 4:57:59 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
It must be an ego thing like, "Look at me, I built a PC therefore I'm better than you!". I always laugh a little on the inside when someone puts their PC specs in their sig like anyone really cares.

PC gamers are all about ego. Also, it really makes me laugh when I see specs in peoples' sigs. NO ONE cares, not even other PC gamers because there will always be someone out there who sees them and knows his are better. With consoles, everyone is the same. That's why I like it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/16/2013 4:59:02 AM
It is because they have to justify to themselves that they spend way too much too money. The same way some purchasers of bad games (Diablo III, A:CM) praise them.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:59:22 AM
Perfect Light posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

PC gamers are all about ego. Also, it really makes me laugh when I see specs in peoples' sigs. NO ONE cares, not even other PC gamers because there will always be someone out there who sees them and knows his are better. With consoles, everyone is the same. That's why I like it.

I agree.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#5AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:00:38 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
It is because they have to justify to themselves that they spend way too much too money. The same way some purchasers of bad games (Diablo III, A:CM) praise them.

Good point.
---
#6trinityEDGEPosted 3/16/2013 5:08:23 AM
You mean an ego thing... like console wars and exclusives? Yeah, they're not exclusive to PC gamers.
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 3/16/2013 5:09:18 AM
stop having **** reasoning and most of pc gamers wont get defensive.
---
Currently playing: Disgaea 4 - Resident Evil 5 - Mark of the Ninja
#8eejayaitchPosted 3/16/2013 5:10:23 AM
Take away a PC gamers PC and they're generally left with very little. They know this.
---
GAMEFAQS - Where the worlds top coders and business analysts meet for light hearted discussion.
#9GloryChaosPosted 3/16/2013 5:15:48 AM
They don't. Stop mistaking trolls for PC gamers.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#10AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:23:11 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
stop having **** reasoning and most of pc gamers wont get defensive.

Introducing exhibit A.
---