This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Remedy's next game is Alan Wake 2 for PS4/720

#1Dark World RulerPosted 3/16/2013 12:19:03 PM
I have been playing Alan Wake again and Im really enjoying it, I dont see how people find it tedious and repetitive when the whole light gameplay mechanic is a lot of fun. Does the series have a lot more potential and room for improvement? Sure, and thats exactly why I want Remedy to give the IP another full installment and make it available on as many platforms as they can (they own the IP, not Microsoft). They are already working on a game for PS4/720, hopefully it's Alan Wake 2
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2NotJustAHaloFanPosted 3/16/2013 12:21:41 PM
It'll be 720 exclusive, since its basically a second party series but I would hope it does get announced. That is another game that will never be on playstation, however.
#3Reel_Big_MikePosted 3/16/2013 12:23:15 PM
Alan Wake and American Nightmare were both fantastic games. I'd be surprised if they didn't announced AW2 for Durango at or around E3.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#4Limp_sugarPosted 3/16/2013 12:32:21 PM
They are almost certainly working on it and I would bet it will be a launch title(launch window at the least) but the above posters are right that it will stay on xbox.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#5NotJustAHaloFanPosted 3/16/2013 12:37:07 PM
Yeah, MS was basically going to buy the studio but they did this to give them free reign unlike what Sony does with Heavy Rain.

You'll only be able to play Alan Wake on xbox, and Heavy Rain on playstation. Max and the Magic Mark series is also xbox exclusive, Microsoft bought the developers for this AAA platform series this month.
#6UniversquallPosted 3/16/2013 12:43:17 PM
No chance. It's an Xbox exclusive like Mass Effect.
---
After the Fallout
#7LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/16/2013 12:50:52 PM(edited)
I was trying to explain this to my friend that Alan Wake's as exclusive to Xbox as Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 1 has never appeared on other platforms, but the sequel spin offs did because Microsoft didn't foot the bill for all the advertising/production. Course part 2 sorta blew.

And nobody cares about the Mass Effect sequels as I said to him, as those are sort of spin offs and were inevitably going to be on all systems including phones. Microsoft should have bought out the team who made that game, and make a whole new 1st party series imo.
#8Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:23:15 PM
NotJustAHaloFan posted...
It'll be 720 exclusive, since its basically a second party series but I would hope it does get announced. That is another game that will never be on playstation, however.

Remedy owns the IP, they can do whatever they want with it. The only way it'd be a 720 exclusive is if MS had interest i publishing the series, and being as they didnt even publish the PC release of Alan Wake that'd very unlikely.

It'd be stupid for them not to make the next Alan Wake on as many platforms as possible
---
#9Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:24:37 PM
LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
I was trying to explain this to my friend that Alan Wake's as exclusive to Xbox as Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 1 has never appeared on other platforms, but the sequel spin offs did because Microsoft didn't foot the bill for all the advertising/production. Course part 2 sorta blew.

And nobody cares about the Mass Effect sequels as I said to him, as those are sort of spin offs and were inevitably going to be on all systems including phones. Microsoft should have bought out the team who made that game, and make a whole new 1st party series imo.

Mass Effect 1 is on PS3 though
---
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/16/2013 1:25:34 PM
Dark World Ruler posted...
NotJustAHaloFan posted...

Remedy owns the IP, they can do whatever they want with it. The only way it'd be a 720 exclusive is if MS had interest i publishing the series, and being as they didnt even publish the PC release of Alan Wake that'd very unlikely.

It'd be stupid for them not to make the next Alan Wake on as many platforms as possible

Nah, it'll be Xbox exclusive. If not, it will go to PC...but that's it.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson