This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#11muffinmasherPosted 3/17/2013 9:20:33 AM
It sucks, but it's in no way news, this has been happening for a looong time now.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#12SparkItUpPosted 3/17/2013 9:21:48 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
The majority of services work this way.
It pays to look at what you're buying. Though honestly, did you not notice you were still gold? Do you not periodically check your bank statements for irronious payments?

^ this...sorry TC, no sympathy for you.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#13glassghost0Posted 3/17/2013 9:23:21 AM
Yeah, that's no one's fault but your own
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#14rdking96Posted 3/17/2013 9:25:08 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
The majority of services work this way.
It pays to look at what you're buying. Though honestly, did you not notice you were still gold? Do you not periodically check your bank statements for irronious payments?

^ this...sorry TC, no sympathy for you.

---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#15CapwnDPosted 3/17/2013 9:27:22 AM
So I bought a month of gold when I was home for Christmas break, and today on Spring Break I sign into my account to find I still have Gold. So I go look at my transaction history and apparently they put me on the automatic renewal plan, automatically without even telling me. Unless it was hidden somewhere in that giant wall of text you agree to.

How hard would it be to just send an email every month informing you that they've taken your money? This is just sad.

They do send an email.

How hard is it to sign up for things properly?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#16baueris24Posted 3/17/2013 9:42:56 AM
I've never had Xbox Live but I'm assuming the only way to get Gold without them automatically having auto renew enabled is to buy one of those cards at the store that you have to enter the code. I'm assuming they can't auto renew then because they shouldn't have any of your financial information.
#17ChezDispenserPosted 3/17/2013 9:46:44 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
So I bought a month of gold when I was home for Christmas break, and today on Spring Break I sign into my account to find I still have Gold. So I go look at my transaction history and apparently they put me on the automatic renewal plan, automatically without even telling me. Unless it was hidden somewhere in that giant wall of text you agree to.

How hard would it be to just send an email every month informing you that they've taken your money? This is just sad.

Sad is some kid in Indonesia who dies in the street after not eating for a week and a half. Your situation is inconvenient. So, a) get some perspective, b) next time you make an account, use an email you actually check, and c) call Microsoft. If the charges were unwanted, you can have them refunded to your account.

Also, further advice: pay closer attention to your bank account, as you should probably be questioning where ten bucks was disappearing to once a month. If you didn't notice you were losing ten bucks a month, then you must not have needed it. If you don't check your transaction history more than once every four months, then really, I'm having a hard time finding any sympathy for you.
---
Goddamn!
#18ChezDispenserPosted 3/17/2013 9:47:22 AM
baueris24 posted...
I've never had Xbox Live but I'm assuming the only way to get Gold without them automatically having auto renew enabled is to buy one of those cards at the store that you have to enter the code. I'm assuming they can't auto renew then because they shouldn't have any of your financial information.

You can turn auto renew off from the Xbox under "account -> memberships" or something like that.
---
Goddamn!
#19TheBlueStigPosted 3/17/2013 9:47:54 AM
The TC only has himself to blame, auto-renew is ALWAYS turned on as soon as a subscription is activated.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#20simonsteelePosted 3/17/2013 9:49:18 AM
Figuring out how to easily remove the renewal is ridiculous too. These companies refuse to put a "stop auto renew" button on our dashbooards or whatever. Removing your credit card entirely doesn't work either as they won't let you leave your account without one. Screw 'em. Go silver.
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com