This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#211ChezDispenserPosted 3/18/2013 11:34:18 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
This, my friend, is a battle. Waged between belligerent fanboyism and what should be common ethics.

And, judging by your proverbial handshakes and condescending attitude, alongside your flat refusal to acknowledge or counter anyone and instead insist they're missing the point, it's one you've lost.

There are no less than three places where you receive information about auto-renew, three places where you have been informed your credit card will charged again if you do not cancel. Instructions are clear and forward once you decide you don't want to auto-renew, which is an implicit decision in EVERY subscription based service I can think of.

It is not anyone's responsibility to hold your hand like an illiterate 8 year old and walk you through the process of signing up for a service and reading your agreement. It is not anyone's job to treat you like a child anymore than it is appropriate for you to continue acting like one.

There are plenty of actual issues with Microsoft, just as there are plenty of issues with Sony and Nintendo and all these other companies. This is not one of them. This is a case of you didn't read (or can't read, given your lack of response to anyone's actual argument and more of "LALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU" approach) and you paid the consequences for being irresponsible with your money.

And for the rest of you in this thread whining about it, I expect you to, in protest, cancel your Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, WoW, ToR, and any and all subscription-based services you are currently using immediately, since they each and everyone do the same goddamn thing.
---
Goddamn!
#212AirborneMp90Posted 3/18/2013 11:35:06 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
It was $9.99 a month, the standard rate. And it hit me 3 times, the current one runs out on April 10. I never heard a word about it.

so you never saw it on your bank statement? How about being an adult and checking your money.
#213CapwnDPosted 3/18/2013 11:37:32 AM
This, my friend, is a battle. Waged between belligerent fanboyism and what should be common ethics.

No, it's you making a topic complaining that they don't tell you when they take money out of your credit card.

You are wrong. They do tell you.

Not sure where you're getting fanboyism from that, unless you mean those of us that are fans of not being wrong and fans of those that actually check bank statements and check the correct email address.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#214GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:39:56 AM
I just can't get over how immature some of you are being here.

To expect someone to go through every single one of your 100+ transactions a month. That is foolish, and leads me to believe some of you just don't know what you're talking about. Either you are irresponsible with your money and are covering, or you are young and don't even have/manage your own accounts. Beats me. =/

And Chez, calm down. I have at least 20 people in this topic who agree with me. You don't have a leg to stand on.
---
How deep is too deep?
#215gabriusPosted 3/18/2013 11:40:54 AM
CaPwnD posted...
fans of not being wrong

---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#216gabriusPosted 3/18/2013 11:42:14 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
To expect someone to go through every single one of your 100+ transactions a month. That is foolish, and leads me to believe some of you just don't know what you're talking about. Either you are irresponsible with your money and are covering, or you are young and don't even have/manage your own accounts. Beats me. =/

It's called BEING AN ADULT, kiddo.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#217gabriusPosted 3/18/2013 11:43:35 AM
Only some self important douchebag would actually expect a company like Microsoft to give you a call before they went and charged your card for the amount you already agreed to pay.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#218GoodOlJrPosted 3/18/2013 11:43:50 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
It's not really a new low, it's like a 7 year old low

lol true
---
http://i.imgur.com/ON3USvH.gif
#219GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:44:14 AM
Which, if I may, I'm guessing you're not? At least that's the vibe I'm getting. It's ok if you're not, but don't try and lecture me. At least you've been more civil than these other fellows.
---
How deep is too deep?
#220CapwnDPosted 3/18/2013 11:44:31 AM
And Chez, calm down. I have at least 20 people in this topic who agree with me. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Half, literally half of the people agreeing with you are the usual sony pony trolls who came by just to say something stupid. Those people don't even know what you're complaining about.

Wait so going through your transactoins is a sign of being BAD with money?

Can I get a show of hands of the people ITT who were charged for something without their knowledge? Oh hai GenerlFrings! It's you!

It sounds like your'e the one who never managed an account before, and it sounds like this is your first interaction with any kind of agreement or contract.

Nice projecting though.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss