This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#251FredSavage27Posted 3/19/2013 7:32:35 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
The previous post was spot on: MS allows one to sign up online, yet refuses to let you cancel online, and refuses to let you access Automatic Renewal from the console, while burying it deep within your account pages on their website. Thus, it IS "hard" to "unsubscribe."

You can turn off auto-renewal online, and it's not that hard to find. I was able to find it without looking for it, and I actually turned it off just to see how easy it is now. It took maybe ten seconds.
#252ILikesCheesePosted 3/19/2013 8:43:44 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...
Also, it used to be only by phone, but for the longest time now you've been able to do it through Xbox.com meaning you never went there to look.

If by "it" you are referring to the ability to sign up for Xbox Live, you are entirely incorrect. You have indeed been able to sign up for Xbox Live from the console and website since at least 2006. (Via the console is exactly how I did it back then.) How it was on the original Xbox back in 2004, that I do not know.

If, however, by "it" you mean something else, then I have no idea what you are talking about.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#253ILikesCheesePosted 3/19/2013 8:51:01 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
The previous post was spot on: MS allows one to sign up online, yet refuses to let you cancel online, and refuses to let you access Automatic Renewal from the console, while burying it deep within your account pages on their website. Thus, it IS "hard" to "unsubscribe."

You can turn off auto-renewal online, and it's not that hard to find. I was able to find it without looking for it, and I actually turned it off just to see how easy it is now. It took maybe ten seconds.

For quite some time, you were NOT able to turn off automatic renewal online.

As stated earlier, originally you were allowed to access that feature through the console and at Xbox.com. Then just at Xbox.com. Then ONLY over the phone. Then enough people screamed foul and game websites made fun of microsoft, so they once again allowed customers to access the automatic renewal feature online, back in late 2011 or early 2012.

Since that feature is not accesible via the console, and is not listed on your main account management page (you have to search for it), I'd say yes, it is a "hidden" and "hard to find" feature.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#254Evil SquallPosted 3/19/2013 8:58:50 AM
I have no remorse for people who use credit cards to buy things on a console. Just a stupid decision.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#255MalifacentXPosted 3/19/2013 12:33:20 PM
Terms of Service, amigo. It's right there in the NOT overly tiny print when you get your trial membership.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#256TrickyPonyPosted 3/19/2013 12:35:37 PM
Evil Squall posted...
I have no remorse for people who use credit cards to buy things on a console. Just a stupid decision.

just because you're not mature enough to use a credit card doesn't mean it's a stupid decision. I've used one for the last 5 years and never had any issues.
#257ILikesCheesePosted 3/19/2013 12:39:29 PM(edited)
Evil Squall posted...

Another wrong answer.

If you use a credit card - for anything - if someone steals the info or the business charges you erroneously, you simply refuse the charges. Dealing with VISA is easier than counting to 1. You are much more protected using credit cards than gift or debit cards. Once the money is gone from those, good luck getting it back 99% of the time.
-
---
#258FredSavage27Posted 3/19/2013 12:48:07 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Since that feature is not accesible via the console, and is not listed on your main account management page (you have to search for it), I'd say yes, it is a "hidden" and "hard to find" feature.

It is listed on the account management page. That's how I found it without looking for it. I'm actually having a harder time figuring out how to turn it back on than turning it off.
#259ChezDispenserPosted 3/19/2013 11:32:48 PM
I'd like to know how Microsoft is stealing people's money when, in every instance people have listed where they actually called and asked about their money, it was refunded.
---
Goddamn!
#260dcn2424Posted 3/20/2013 3:49:50 AM
Evil Squall posted...

Don't give them your credit card info. This auto renewal is a load of crap