This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#261RollnThunder213Posted 3/20/2013 8:52:09 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
If by "it" you are referring to the ability to sign up for Xbox Live, you are entirely incorrect. You have indeed been able to sign up for Xbox Live from the console and website since at least 2006. (Via the console is exactly how I did it back then.) How it was on the original Xbox back in 2004, that I do not know.

If, however, by "it" you mean something else, then I have no idea what you are talking about.

By "it" I mean canceling auto renew. It used to be only by calling MS support, now you can do it through Xbox.com.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#262DTM847Posted 3/20/2013 12:55:15 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
bob15x posted...
I have never had to phone.

(By the way, you have a computer and the internet, but not a phone?!? Okayyyyyy...)

Obviously bob15x meant he has never had to phone, as in, to use the phone for this purpose.

I almost sided with the "anti-Microsoft" crowd here after ILikesCheese's post, but after looking at the screenshot of the signup screen on the Xbox where it informs you in large print that this will auto-renew, I really can't fault Microsoft for this practice. Further it seems to me most people have had no trouble cancelling their service.

Many here seem to believe that businesses owe it to the consumer to practice universally agreed-upon friendly and ethical behaviors. In fact, they owe us nothing. If you don't agree with their tactics, don't whine about it anonymously online. Don't buy their products. I don't own an Xbox nor have I ever subscribed to XBL Gold. I assume given their admonishment of Microsoft that they do not use any of their other products, most notably Windows? It's called voting with your wallet. Better yet, do something about it directly. Call your congressperson and ask him/her to introduce legislation dictating the obligation businesses have to their consumers. Write letters to the company. Get people to sign a petition or boycott the company.

Here comes the deflecting one-liner questioning my political alignment or saying something so vague and off-topic there is no logical way to respond.
---
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#263cjd92Posted 3/20/2013 3:41:21 PM
A job well done.
---
indeed.
#264Damaged7Posted 3/20/2013 5:49:30 PM
If you haven't checked your account or credit card in 3 months then thats kinda your fault.
---
Bold Text
#265ILikesCheesePosted 3/22/2013 6:10:33 AM
DTM847 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
bob15x posted...
I have never had to phone.

(By the way, you have a computer and the internet, but not a phone?!? Okayyyyyy...)

Obviously bob15x meant he has never had to phone, as in, to use the phone for this purpose.

Joke funny ha-ha. :)

I though have had to phone MIcrosoft MANY times. And MANY times over the same issue According to Chez's viewpoint, this is good customer service, since MS eventually responded to my requests (demands.)

I however do not think that having to call to cancel a subscription to Phantasy Star Universe three times and have three months of charges reversed is exactly stellar customer support. Or having to call three times to explain I had already called to cancel Automatic Renewal (and cancelled the credit card tied to that particular account as a precaution) and to reinstate my Gamertag that had been placed in financial probation as a result of them being unable to further bilk me.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#266ILikesCheesePosted 3/22/2013 6:17:37 AM
DTM847 posted...
Many here seem to believe that businesses owe it to the consumer to practice universally agreed-upon friendly and ethical behaviors. In fact, they owe us nothing. If you don't agree with their tactics, don't whine about it anonymously online. Don't buy their products. I don't own an Xbox nor have I ever subscribed to XBL Gold. I assume given their admonishment of Microsoft that they do not use any of their other products, most notably Windows? It's called voting with your wallet.

This is pretty much what I say all the time as well. It is an easy practice to participate in when there are many options, like beers or grocery stores or home theater manufacturers. Certain products and industries however force you to deal with "mini-monopolies", like cable vs dish, electricity, water, or video games.

In this realm, there is either Sony or Microsoft, and they both have huge pros and cons. (Nintendo, yeah I've heard of them too. But in many respects they stand apart from, and insanely above, it all.)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?