This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#41SunDevil77Posted 3/17/2013 10:30:53 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
I'm on your side you know, I've owned an Xbox for over a decade now.

What "side" do you speak of?

GeneralFrings posted...
M$

I hate you.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#42ChezDispenserPosted 3/17/2013 10:32:43 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
Now I must be using a fake email? This is just getting silly.

I forget this board is run amok with M$ fanboys. I'm on your side you know, I've owned an Xbox for over a decade now.

Nobody who uses a dollar sign in a word is on my side, because while I abhor 99.9% of forms of bigotry, I am vehemently anti-stupid.
---
Goddamn!
#43GGearXPosted 3/17/2013 10:32:48 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
Now I must be using a fake email? This is just getting silly.

I forget this board is run amok with M$ fanboys. I'm on your side you know, I've owned an Xbox for over a decade now.

Uhhh. Sorry to brake it to you but. Fanboy doesn't mean what you think it means.

Don't be angry and blame other people for you're own mistakes.
It really p***** me off when someone does that.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......
#44GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:36:20 AM(edited)
ChezDispenser posted...

And yes, if 30 bucks over the course of ten months is enough to complain about, you'd be expected to pay attention to your money and notice that you were ten dollars short each month. I'm not saying you should be balancing your checkbook, but if ten bucks goes missing and you don't notice it, I'm not sure you're all that concerned about it.

Well it's the principle, I'm more mad about the way they go about it all. See, whether folks want to believe me or not I never saw anything about it from MS. While $30 isn't all that much and I have now fixed it, I'm more concerned that the company probably is fully aware that they're taking money from many people who aren't aware of the automatic resubscription service. It just sits uneasy with me that I support a company that would be ok with this.
---
How deep is too deep?
#45CapwnDPosted 3/17/2013 10:36:42 AM
And I the only emails I get from MS are advertisements, and I get those every week or so for some reason. I have not received an email notifying me of a charge nor a subscription expiration notice. This is the first time I've ever bought a subscription from the dashboard, historically I picked up a year from the store.

FROM MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE TO You Confirmation of renewal of Gold 12 Month

That is the email they send. Perhaps you should verify what email address you have set up as your contact email. Not your login email. Your contact email.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#46TheBlueStigPosted 3/17/2013 10:37:05 AM
simonsteele posted...
Figuring out how to easily remove the renewal is ridiculous too. These companies refuse to put a "stop auto renew" button on our dashbooards or whatever. Removing your credit card entirely doesn't work either as they won't let you leave your account without one. Screw 'em. Go silver.

Access your profile through xbox.com on a computer.

Turn off auto-renewal.

Done.

Or....

Buy subscription card ON SALE and activate it before your gold expires.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#47ChezDispenserPosted 3/17/2013 10:38:32 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
ChezDispenser posted...

And yes, if 30 bucks over the course of ten months is enough to complain about, you'd be expected to pay attention to your money and notice that you were ten dollars short each month. I'm not saying you should be balancing your checkbook, but if ten bucks goes missing and you don't notice it, I'm not sure you're all that concerned about it.

Well it's the principle, I'm more mad about the way they go about it all. See, whether folks want to believe me or not I never saw anything about it from MS. While $30 isn't all that much and I have now fixed it, I'm more concerned that the company probably is fully aware that they're taking money from many people who aren't aware of the automatic resubscription service. It just sits uneasy with me that I support a company that would be ok with this.

Honestly, it would be a fair concern if MS didn't refund people's money for a false charge. When I forgot about the auto renew and it bought three months of Live for me, I called MS, they charged me for just a month, gave a month extra for my trouble, and refunded the rest of the money. They don't just go "oh lol well too bad" and not refund the money. If that were the case, you'd have an argument.
---
Goddamn!
#48GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:43:05 AM
No see I sill do not excise them, because they don't seem to me going out of their way to help people. And I hadn't looked into getting a refund yet, but I'm sure the majority of people who fall for this never pursue one, and that is what they're banking on to get their money.
---
How deep is too deep?
#49GGearXPosted 3/17/2013 10:43:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but. Can't you un subscribe or turn off Microsoft sending you emails? If so that's probably why TC hasn't gotten anything.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......
#50SunDevil77Posted 3/17/2013 10:44:12 AM
GeneralFrings posted...
I'm sure

You're wrong, not everyone is as foolish with their money as you are. Very few are, actually.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson