This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've put up with Microsoft's bull **** before, but this is a new low.

#71GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:10:16 AM
Ok look man, being a fanboy is fine. Companies need support.

But you're really going to presume to know the contents of my inbox?

I'm literally laughing irl.
---
How deep is too deep?
#72SyphonFilterAddictPosted 3/17/2013 11:13:23 AM
It's funny how the vast majority of stuff that people complain about the 360 is somehow their fault. It is your responsibility to know what does renew and what doesn't. You pay for premium channels on cable or satellite, do you think they come out and tell you that your bill for them auto renews? Or how about credit card annual fees? People need to start taking responsibility for their own finances.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
#73ChezDispenserPosted 3/17/2013 11:17:59 AM
GeneralFrings posted...

If you check your email like you check your bank account...
---
Goddamn!
#74GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:22:19 AM
Well I admit, like most responsible adults, which I laugh even thinking about in terms of this place, I don't micromanage my bank accounts. I have a general understanding of where it should be every month and I glance over the statements for anything that looks suspicious. Which, damn, I know GFAQs likes it's Taco Bell but $9.99 doesn't exactly paint a target on itself.

My email on the other hand is something I manage religiously, I'm accordance to the nature of my life.
---
How deep is too deep?
#75CapwnDPosted 3/17/2013 11:23:26 AM
GeneralFrings posted...

If you check your email like you check your bank account...

Exactly. Topic creator is providing all the proof that he just don't know how things work.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#76GeneralFrings(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:24:58 AM
And you, my fellow M$ lover, are intent on convincing us of your omniscience.
---
How deep is too deep?
#77CapwnDPosted 3/17/2013 11:25:45 AM
And you, my fellow M$ lover, are intent on convincing us of your omniscience.

At least I know what my contact email address is.
---
#78shawnmckPosted 3/17/2013 11:27:21 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
shawnmck posted...
This is not uncommon, so don't get your panties in a bunch...
All Companies do the exact same thing if you use your credit-card to purchase something that has a monthly plan, service, or product.
Buy some of the vitamins or other crap you see on tv with your credit card, and you will find that they charge you every month and send you a product or service ever month AUTOMATICALLY.

CyhortI82 posted...
Pretty much everything you subscribe for puts you on automatic renewal.

The amount of mis-information or outright lying and falsehoods on Gamefaqs is enough to rival that of the FOX News network sometimes.

This billing stratagem (of the automatic renewal) is very much NOT a common practice among reputable businesses. Case in point: all those fly-by-night order by mail ads Shawn is watching on TV at 2 in the morning may try and pull this stuff, but look at who you are dealing with.

^ Try using your credit card to subscribe to a magazine or a newspaper....and you will find that they automatically bill your credit-card every time the subscription renewal is due.
So it's not any different, and yes it is a common business practice.
They are supposed to notify you when they do, but once you sign that initial contract then they can legally keep renewing your subscription without further consent...and it is up to you (the consumer) to cancel it.

What a bunch of helpless babies some people have become.
Better stay home and live with Mom & Dad until they die of old age.
That seems to be what you want anyway, and how you prefer to live.
Don't ever move out & grow up, because then you will have to learn about responsibility.
#79CapwnDPosted 3/17/2013 11:30:14 AM
This billing stratagem (of the automatic renewal) is very much NOT a common practice among reputable businesses

So Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora are not reputable businesses?

Case in point: all those fly-by-night order by mail ads Shawn is watching on TV at 2 in the morning may try and pull this stuff, but look at who you are dealing with.

What a drama queen.
---
#80OkayPlayer1Posted 3/17/2013 11:34:11 AM
1) Fine, no emails were received by yourself at any point. MS still does automatically send out emails but something must have happened between the auto send that everyone else receives and your email address. Technical glitches do exist but it's 100% confirmed that MS does send out emails, unfortunate you didn't see them.

2) As others have confirmed, if the error exists MS makes efforts to refund and correct the error when notified about it.

3) Every subscription service ever, from reputable companies or not, includes an auto renewal feature. Sorry that your first experience with this was through MS but that doesn't make them exceptionally evil or malevolent, they use the same standard that all companies who offer a monthly subscription use. Seriously find me one online subscription that doesn't contain an auto renew feature, I almost think its impossible to find one.

To summarize, MS uses the same model as every company offering a subscription service, does send out emails confirming renewal, technical errors exist for all companies and its unfortunate that you didn't see them, but when notified MS will correct the charges. How is MS evil or to be blamed in this scenario? Seems like your problem is with email reliability and the online subscription business model used by hundreds, if not thousands of companies rather then MS specifically. If this happened with your Netflix or Hulu+ subscription I bet you would place all your blame that direction.