This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overlooked Xbox 360 games?

#61jerrybobphilPosted 3/19/2013 12:25:13 PM
Tropico 4, Better on a PC but really a fun city builder on the console.
#62EucliditePosted 3/19/2013 12:28:18 PM
MATT007 posted...
Also just got Bayonetta. I heard Nier is somewhat similar. What else is out there?

Had to respond to this.

I like Nier. I like Bayonetta. They are almost nothing alike. I recommend them both, but if you start Nier expecting something Bayonetta-like, you are going to be disappointed.
#63codman4Posted 3/19/2013 12:39:51 PM
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Condemned 1 & 2
Deadly Premonition
Binary Domain
Prey
Singularity
Spec Ops: The Line
Metro 2033
Vanquish
#64MATT007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:19:58 PM
Euclidite posted...
MATT007 posted...
Also just got Bayonetta. I heard Nier is somewhat similar. What else is out there?

Had to respond to this.

I like Nier. I like Bayonetta. They are almost nothing alike. I recommend them both, but if you start Nier expecting something Bayonetta-like, you are going to be disappointed.

I'm playing Bayonetta right now and am not enthused with the gameplay all too much. The cutscenes were mini-movies and everything was just too way over the top for me. I'll probably finish it one day.
---
Please Knicks, win a championship. God knows the Mets are not winning anytime soon.
#65That1GuyyPosted 3/19/2013 1:28:07 PM
The whole point of Bayonetta was that it was over the top. Did you see any gameplay videos before buying it?
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#66OKRecords1138Posted 3/19/2013 1:50:46 PM
MATT007 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
MATT007 posted...
rttn posted...
Earth Defense Force 2017 & Insect Armageddon are really fun.

You might like Vanquish, also made by Platinum Games and is a fast paced cover shooter like Gears.
You can slide on your knees powered by jets and throw lit cigarettes to distract enemies

Earth Defense Force is intriguing. Earth Defense Force 2017 or Insect Armaggeddon first?

I felt 2017 was better but IA has online co op, while 2017 has local only...iirc.

I guess 2017 first it is. I will add it to the list of games to buy.

Good luck. It has a ton of game crippling glitches. Some that can't be solved without ditching your save file and restarting. Oh, and it's also incredibly hard to find unless you go to the internet and pay outrageous prices for it.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#67That1GuyyPosted 3/19/2013 1:53:06 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...
Good luck. It has a ton of game crippling glitches. Some that can't be solved without ditching your save file and restarting. Oh, and it's also incredibly hard to find unless you go to the internet and pay outrageous prices for it.

If he's willing to buy it used, he can get it on Amazon for under $20. And I never got any serious glitches that couldn't be fixed by restarting a level. Maybe I'm just lucky.
---
#68LuckNotDoWithErPosted 3/19/2013 1:58:45 PM
Have to second that recommendation of Ginja Force. Very good game and overlooked by everybody, just very well made.
#69MATT007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:22:43 PM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
The whole point of Bayonetta was that it was over the top. Did you see any gameplay videos before buying it?

Nope, just bought it after getting several recommendations on the game. The combat is severely flawed along with the outlandish plot.

As for EDF 2017, I'm sure I can find it in the local game stores that abound where I am. I'll just have to go hunting and make some calls in advance.

So far the games added to my list that are new to me are Prey, EDF 2017, EDF IA, Culdcept Saga, Blur, Split Second, and Space Marine.
---
Please Knicks, win a championship. God knows the Mets are not winning anytime soon.
#70That1GuyyPosted 3/19/2013 7:34:05 PM
MATT007 posted...
Nope, just bought it after getting several recommendations on the game. The combat is severely flawed along with the outlandish plot.

Well, for future reference, it isn't a good idea to run solely on the recommendations of people who you don't know how their taste in games compares to yours. Definitely check out a game before spending next time. I wouldn't say the combat is flawed, though. You might not like it, but its combat is very well done. The story was pretty ridiculous, though.

As for EDF 2017, I'm sure I can find it in the local game stores that abound where I am. I'll just have to go hunting and make some calls in advance.

So far the games added to my list that are new to me are Prey, EDF 2017, EDF IA, Culdcept Saga, Blur, Split Second, and Space Marine.

Note that for EDF 2017, you're going to need to spend a fair bit of time doing some mindless farming for health upgrades if you want to survive the later levels on harder difficulties.
---