This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overlooked Xbox 360 games?

#71videogameking33Posted 3/19/2013 10:27:22 PM
Split Second is a very good racer....had alot of fun with it, another overlooked racer or two really are Blur & Ridge Racer: Unbounded.
---
Currently Playiing: Spec Ops: The Line (360), Sly Cooper: TiT (PS3), NSMBU (Wii U)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#72MATT007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 11:07:35 PM
That1Guyy posted...
MATT007 posted...
Nope, just bought it after getting several recommendations on the game. The combat is severely flawed along with the outlandish plot.

Well, for future reference, it isn't a good idea to run solely on the recommendations of people who you don't know how their taste in games compares to yours. Definitely check out a game before spending next time. I wouldn't say the combat is flawed, though. You might not like it, but its combat is very well done. The story was pretty ridiculous, though.

As for EDF 2017, I'm sure I can find it in the local game stores that abound where I am. I'll just have to go hunting and make some calls in advance.

So far the games added to my list that are new to me are Prey, EDF 2017, EDF IA, Culdcept Saga, Blur, Split Second, and Space Marine.

Note that for EDF 2017, you're going to need to spend a fair bit of time doing some mindless farming for health upgrades if you want to survive the later levels on harder difficulties.

Bayonetta's combat is severely lacking to say the least. Unless the enemy is on screen, they don't attack you. Therefore, you can simply move away from a horde of enemies and watch them fall in line before they chase after you. For some reason, the enemies tend to stay in one area offscreen and leave one or two of their comrades to face you before finally joining the fray after you've already vanquished the others. When 3 or 4 enemies actually make an attempt to work together and surround you, the left analog stick full rotation to punch or kick attack where Bayonetta just unloads an apparently unlimited amount of bullets onto the enemy is nearly unstoppable.

When thinking of the combat system, it is two-fold, how your character engages the enemy and how the NPC's respond. Bayonetta would be better suited as a straight up fighter instead of an action-adventure game. The enemies do nothing.
---
Please Knicks, win a championship. God knows the Mets are not winning anytime soon.
#73trinityEDGEPosted 3/19/2013 11:42:26 PM
MATT007 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
MATT007 posted...
Nope, just bought it after getting several recommendations on the game. The combat is severely flawed along with the outlandish plot.

Well, for future reference, it isn't a good idea to run solely on the recommendations of people who you don't know how their taste in games compares to yours. Definitely check out a game before spending next time. I wouldn't say the combat is flawed, though. You might not like it, but its combat is very well done. The story was pretty ridiculous, though.

As for EDF 2017, I'm sure I can find it in the local game stores that abound where I am. I'll just have to go hunting and make some calls in advance.

So far the games added to my list that are new to me are Prey, EDF 2017, EDF IA, Culdcept Saga, Blur, Split Second, and Space Marine.

Note that for EDF 2017, you're going to need to spend a fair bit of time doing some mindless farming for health upgrades if you want to survive the later levels on harder difficulties.

Bayonetta's combat is severely lacking to say the least. Unless the enemy is on screen, they don't attack you. Therefore, you can simply move away from a horde of enemies and watch them fall in line before they chase after you. For some reason, the enemies tend to stay in one area offscreen and leave one or two of their comrades to face you before finally joining the fray after you've already vanquished the others. When 3 or 4 enemies actually make an attempt to work together and surround you, the left analog stick full rotation to punch or kick attack where Bayonetta just unloads an apparently unlimited amount of bullets onto the enemy is nearly unstoppable.

When thinking of the combat system, it is two-fold, how your character engages the enemy and how the NPC's respond. Bayonetta would be better suited as a straight up fighter instead of an action-adventure game. The enemies do nothing.

The mechanics were made with the higher difficulties in mind. The hardest one, Cimax mode, I think, disables Witch Time completely. It's also in mind to always get SSS (or whatever the highest score is) in encounters, which basically means to never get hit. Those mechanics aren't a crutch for newbies, but saving graces for the hardcore.
#74Seanie1200Posted 3/20/2013 6:11:52 AM
Shadows of the Damned
Child of Eden
Deadly Premonition
Sniper Elite
Transformers War For and Fall of Cybertron
#75tubb311Posted 3/20/2013 6:54:05 AM(edited)
The Darkness
Crackdown 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Prey
Condemned
#76shagadelicPosted 3/20/2013 6:57:09 AM
Shadows of the damned.
#77MATT007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:37:54 PM
trinityEDGE posted...
MATT007 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
MATT007 posted...

The mechanics were made with the higher difficulties in mind. The hardest one, Cimax mode, I think, disables Witch Time completely. It's also in mind to always get SSS (or whatever the highest score is) in encounters, which basically means to never get hit. Those mechanics aren't a crutch for newbies, but saving graces for the hardcore.

The hardest difficult settings are not unlocked until after initially beating the story mode and I refuse to settle with the flawed combat mechanics as they currently are. It would have been wise for the developers to start the game with the best gameplay experience setting readily available. But, no, that was apparently too much to ask. I don't like the fact that games today cater to the new and inexperienced audience.
---
Please Knicks, win a championship. God knows the Mets are not winning anytime soon.
#78HeliosAscensionPosted 3/21/2013 2:18:11 PM
This guy..
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#79MATT007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:42:54 PM
HeliosAscension posted...
This guy..

Bring anything to the conversation? No? Okay, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Actually, on second thought...
---