This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got any horror stories about talking to people on Xbox Live?

#1mtjormitchPosted 3/17/2013 4:53:19 PM
First off, I am going to talk about the funny one. Then, I am going to talk about the horrifying one. This topic is all about those moments while online talking to people where it seems like something horrifying they are doing and or are saying through the mic. This can be anything from drunken threats to family members to flat out creepy things people have said over live... like... creepy 'guy who kidnaps your kid' level horrifying.

Or it could be funny... you know. Your choice.

My first one is, while playing RDR online. Beating the living crap out of everyone. (I got so good in the game I was in the top 200 actually.) My own teammates started killing me because of how many kills I was getting. It got to the point that I called out the one that kept shooting me the most and asked him to stop. Then I got a message back entirely in German from some random kid... So... I have no idea what the kid said, but I know it was probably cussed filled and might have involved my mother in some capacity.

All I messaged back was a easy, 'Oooooookay...'

Now, for the creepy and horrifying one. I kind of regret not calling the cops but I had to getaway from such a horrid person before they looked at my profile to try and find me. (Since then I switched many things out, lying about my home being within the Twilight Zone.)

Basically, this one guy I was friends with over online, he was a decent guy... until his mother came out I gather... then... hell opened up and his mouth was the portal for such hell demons of horrid things the guy let fly at his poor mother. I think his mom was really old and I honestly heard her crying. He said so many terrible things that only a freaking monster would say such things.

Then, he went online again and asked me what was wrong when I talked with a noticable quiver in my voice. I said, "Erm. I am needing to do something for a quick second!"

I quickly got offline from him, deleted him from friend list and blocked all commutication and changed so many things about my account so he would NOT find me. I am going to be clear here, if I heard my son acting the way he did to his mother. I would not only kick his ass, but I would also throw him out on the curb with zero regret. That is how awful he was to his poor mother. This was years ago but I still remember it as being one of the most horrifying things I have ever heard over online.

So... after that, what about you guys? Anything interesting?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2WinternovaPosted 3/17/2013 4:55:24 PM
I wish your post was interesting...does that count?
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:56:17 PM
Winternova posted...
I wish your post was interesting...does that count?

I wish your face was interesting! Ha! Wait... that doesn't work... DAMMIT!

You win this time... somewhat!
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4YodaCrackersPosted 3/17/2013 5:06:57 PM
No, every single conversation or interaction I have had on Xbox LIVE has been a delight. Nothing but well-educated and pleasant people on that service.
---
http://bit.ly/1175lIT
Grand Theft Auto V is the train, Saints Row IV is the bus
#5BrutalBrockenPosted 3/17/2013 6:27:20 PM
I jumped into a game of UNO where 2 french guys were jerking off talking to each other on there live cameras, I immediately left.
Does that count?
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#6Zohar_MetatronPosted 3/17/2013 6:32:09 PM
I was once asked by a random opponent in SFxT if I was for-reals transsexual after they saw I had Poison on my team.

I've always wondered how they reacted to the first Kuma they came across.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#7GGearXPosted 3/17/2013 6:34:59 PM
I got stalked by a girl on XBL.

I felt like I was the hottest dude in the world. I felt like I could get any chick I wanted because this stalker sent me some crazy messages.
Then I found out she was going to kill herself if I didn't tell her I loved her.

Deleted from friends list
Blocked her.
And rated her with a sad face.

I hope she's all right.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#8GGearXPosted 3/17/2013 6:40:04 PM
BrutalBrocken posted...
I jumped into a game of UNO where 2 french guys were jerking off talking to each other on there live cameras, I immediately left.

Bonjour
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#9Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/17/2013 6:42:38 PM
You were afraid of some bratty ass kid that yelled at his mom on Xbox Live?

I guess you are afraid of 90% of the horrible Live community.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#10BrutalBrockenPosted 3/17/2013 6:50:42 PM
GGearX posted...
BrutalBrocken posted...

Bonjour

(hides under bed crying)
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken