This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who wait for a sale/price drop on new games

#1IWUPosted 3/17/2013 7:26:05 PM
Do you ever worry that the multiplayer portion of the game will be dead by the time you get a chance to enjoy it?

Or if its a game with a huge multiplayer community that isn't going to die any time soon, do worry that when you eventually get around to going online you'll be up against experts who have been playing since day 1?

For those of you who don't play online multi, are there any drawbacks to waiting for price drops?

Because I'll be honest, with a backlog as large as mine (80+ games) I just can't justify day 1 purchasing games anymore. And those things I mentioned are really the only drawbacks I can think of.
---
...due to having Asperger I simply don't care... for real. I just... don't. I find everyone weird and I myself am weird. -mtjormitch
#2bossk5Posted 3/17/2013 7:30:17 PM
I honestly don't. The only multi I play is co op anyway and that's always with friends.
---
I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#3glassghost0Posted 3/17/2013 7:31:23 PM
If any game that has multiplayer that is worth it, it won't die.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#4Killah PriestPosted 3/17/2013 7:31:41 PM
You can't wait for a price drop and care about MP.

if you care about MP you really need to be a day one buyer or the franchise has to be very big.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/17/2013 7:36:25 PM
glassghost0 posted...
If any game that has multiplayer that is worth it, it won't die.

This is a great point.

Hype is more the bigger evil that'll make me buy day 1.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#6Killah PriestPosted 3/17/2013 7:38:07 PM
I'd love to agree with that but there are tons of games that had excellent MP that wasn't embraced because people are too busy playing Halo/Gears/COD.

(not a stealth attack on those games, just saying)
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7skiguy1981Posted 3/17/2013 7:38:16 PM
I will usually day 1 buy if I really want the mp. If I only care about the sp then I wait for a price drop
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#8fallangePosted 3/17/2013 7:38:34 PM
Every game I want I buy in release date, but I never pay $60. So many stores give you money back that there is no reason to ever pay full price.
Usually best buy gives you $20 when you preorder and pick up a game.

When you are a smart shopper you don't have to wait for a price drop.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#9baueris24Posted 3/17/2013 7:41:34 PM
I don't have online for my Xbox so online multiplayer isn't a consideration when I make a purchase. I can't think of any drawbacks to waiting for a price drop if you don't care about online.
#10Arucard05Posted 3/17/2013 7:52:22 PM
For those of you who don't play online multi, are there any drawbacks to waiting for price drops?

No. Not really.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.