This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who wait for a sale/price drop on new games

#11Killah PriestPosted 3/17/2013 7:56:46 PM(edited)
http://xkcd.com/606/

my second favorite thing behind the dinosaur one about using words that sound the same but are spelled differently.

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=691
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/17/2013 7:59:35 PM
Couldn't give a rats ass either way. I'd only buy the new Call of Duty etc and go with that for the multiplayer duly noted when it's preowned.
#13SyphonFilterAddictPosted 3/17/2013 9:55:04 PM
Nope. I work a lot and don't have the time to stay good at multiplayer games. Single player is pretty much all I play these days. Co-op is very rare for me.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
#14DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/17/2013 9:58:10 PM
Any multiplayer game that's worth a damn will be active for years. Tacked-on, half !@#'d multiplayer will rightfully die off a month or two after release.
#15PStrifePosted 3/17/2013 10:10:50 PM
If they seriously wanted you to play multiplayer they wouldn't insert those annoying online passes for retail games. It is like putting up an extra hurdle for no good reason.

Inputting those 16 chraracters is always an annoyance at the end of the day. Clearly humans have not mastered how to do this type of thing with consideration for the end-user. True industry wide fail.
#16LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/17/2013 10:13:57 PM
See Dragon's Dogma. When it's a really good multiplayer game it doesn't have to hide.
#17RobertWagnerPosted 3/17/2013 10:19:17 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Any multiplayer game that's worth a damn will be active for years. Tacked-on, half !@#'d multiplayer will rightfully die off a month or two after release.

Dirt 2 as example. I haven't had to wait for more than 10 minutes to get a game going in a lobby I create.
---
I tried to troll Sailor Bacon for laughs once.
I got warned, he now runs the the website. Lesson learned?
#18TentionPosted 3/17/2013 10:34:25 PM
most of the games I buy have no multiplayer function anyway.
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#19DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/17/2013 10:48:27 PM
RobertWagner posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

Dirt 2 as example. I haven't had to wait for more than 10 minutes to get a game going in a lobby I create.

Another example is Left 4 Dead 2. Picked it up for 10 bucks during the XBL sale, game is over 3 years old and there still seems to be a solid online community.
#20PwnostarPosted 3/17/2013 11:09:36 PM
Nope. Very few games have multiplayer that I'm willing to invest serious amounts of time into anyways. If the online community is still active, that's great. If not, I probably wasn't missing much anyways.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.