This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm having trouble enjoying games without having to worry about achievements...

#21glyde69Posted 3/18/2013 2:36:12 PM
I'm the opposite.

I try to collect them, but 10 minutes of a new play through and I turn the game off. Too many new games these days as well.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#22pothocketPosted 3/18/2013 2:39:08 PM
I know it's hard, TC, but you really need to play your next new game "blind". Don't even look at the achievements until after beating the game once. Break the cycle!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23LunarKnightsPosted 3/18/2013 2:41:01 PM
Just beat the game without looking at the achievement list then go for another playthrough.
---
Gamer Tag: LionheartFLCL || PSN: MyReminiscence
3DS: 2621-3481-6230
#24temgunPosted 3/18/2013 2:41:25 PM
Turn off notifications and just play the damn game? Play something that has near impossible achievements. There, OCD broken.
---
In a search of a cunning signature.
#25KingKilvasPosted 3/18/2013 3:17:00 PM
I'm the same way but only with games I know I can get all the achievements in. Multiplayer games for example I never get all the achievements in. I'd just turn off notifications.
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#26TheBlueStigPosted 3/18/2013 3:40:16 PM
The only achievements anyone would have any reason to "worry about" are those that you can miss out on in a single playthrough.

The ones like "complete the game on hard difficulty" when most people play through on Normal first. At least achievements like that tend to stack and you can get multiple achievements on a single playthrough if you start off on the hardest difficulty.

Achievements like "reach number one on the leaderboards" can be summarily ignored if you bought the game more than 24 hours after launch.

The "game with dev" achievements are also ignored 1 week after launch.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#27Bent 00Posted 3/18/2013 9:32:30 PM
Having incompleted Achievement lists on my profile annoys me, so if I'm certain I won't get all of a games Achievements, I'll just play it on a junk profile I don't care about.

The only drawback is having two separate accounts to buy XBL Gold for, if you want to play online with the junk profile. I don't play many online games anyway, so it's not a big deal for me.