This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2013: Year of the Worst entries of big name series

#1devastatorX2Posted 3/17/2013 9:27:26 PM
Gears of War Judgement is the worst Gears

Crysis 3 is the worst Crysis game.

SimCity is the worst SimCity game

God of War Ascension has the worst Single Player in the God of War series (except for maybe the first PSP game)

Dead Space 3 is the worst Dead Space game.

This is why we need new consoles this year.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#2Super CreaturesPosted 3/17/2013 9:29:12 PM
devastatorX2 posted...

And you know that for a fact even though it doesn't even get released until Tuesday?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3Arucard05Posted 3/17/2013 9:29:34 PM
God of War Ascension has the worst Single Player in the God of War series (except for maybe the first PSP game)

No that game was badass.

What you're seeing now is a series of stopgap games. The publishers want to put all the focus on the next gen, but you have to put something out there in the meantime.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#4CyricsServantPosted 3/17/2013 9:35:36 PM
Super Creatures posted...
devastatorX2 posted...

And you know that for a fact even though it doesn't even get released until Tuesday?

He's going off the reviews, which make it seem like it's going to average in the low to mid 80s.
#5CyricsServantPosted 3/17/2013 9:39:26 PM
Arucard05 posted...

No that game was badass.

What you're seeing now is a series of stopgap games. The publishers want to put all the focus on the next gen, but you have to put something out there in the meantime.

That might be it.

But I'm thinking publishers have just been returning to the well one too many times and, you know, now we're getting diminishing returns.

I'm still excited for the new IPs that are coming out. Stuff like The Last of Us and Killer is Dead.
#6DyingPancakePosted 3/17/2013 9:40:34 PM
CyricsServant posted...
devastatorX2 posted...

He's going off the reviews, which make it seem like it's going to average in the low to mid 80s.

What reviews are out?

IGN just gave it a 9.2
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#7bluehat94Posted 3/17/2013 9:41:05 PM
I thought Crysis 3 was as good if not a little better than the other games in the series.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8CyricsServantPosted 3/17/2013 9:45:02 PM(edited)
DyingPancake posted...
CyricsServant posted...
devastatorX2 posted...

What reviews are out?

IGN just gave it a 9.2

7 or 8 are out now.

IGN is the highest at 9.2 and Giant Bomb is the lowest at 3/5.

I know GT gave it 8.9 and I think an Xbox mag gave it an 8.1. Kotaku gave it a "don't play yet" whatever that means. I don't know the others off the top of my head but there are a few topics compiling GoW reviews.
#9devastatorX2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 9:45:20 PM(edited)
There are 21 reviews for Gears of War J out already

80% metacritic AVG would make it the worst gears game so far by over 10% less than any other Gears game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-judgment/critic-reviews

---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#10CyricsServantPosted 3/17/2013 9:46:36 PM
80%? Hey, that ties it with the other G. of War prequel that released this month! :D