This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is NetZero 6mbps internet good enough for Xbox Live?

#1dwightschrutePosted 3/18/2013 9:42:15 AM
I just moved and am currently looking for a good, fast, cheap internet service to use with Xbox Live.
#2popping4itPosted 3/18/2013 9:43:28 AM
yes but upload is more important for latency.
---
whens mahvel?
#3dwightschrute(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:07:10 AM
So is Netzero's basic upload speed good enough (as in, little to no lag when playing CoD or Battlefield)?
#4GGearXPosted 3/18/2013 11:02:52 AM
Check the upload speed. Also If I can play CoD with a 700kbps connection. Anything above is fine.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#5CapwnDPosted 3/18/2013 12:04:03 PM
Check the upload speed. Also If I can play CoD with a 700kbps connection. Anything above is fine.

I would stab myself in the head if my upload was that low.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#6Gurn BlanstonPosted 3/18/2013 12:21:39 PM
I get fiber on Thursday, woo hoo! 10X faster than what I have now!
#7CapwnDPosted 3/18/2013 12:47:50 PM
I wouldn't get fiber because I heard you have to use their routers. You can' t have a bridged modem, it has to go through theirs. You could make your router just an access point /switch, but the actual router will be their equipment.
---
#8GGearXPosted 3/18/2013 3:23:33 PM
CaPwnD posted...

I would stab myself in the head if my upload was that low.

I never lag. The only problems I have are downloading demos or something big. But online is perfect.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#9CammyApplePosted 3/18/2013 3:28:02 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I wouldn't get fiber because I heard you have to use their routers. You can' t have a bridged modem, it has to go through theirs. You could make your router just an access point /switch, but the actual router will be their equipment.

You only have to use their routers (With Verizon anyway) if you bundle phone in, or so I am led to believe.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#10CapwnDPosted 3/18/2013 3:30:09 PM
CaPwnD posted...

You only have to use their routers (With Verizon anyway) if you bundle phone in, or so I am led to believe.

I hope so.
---