This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is NetZero 6mbps internet good enough for Xbox Live?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is NetZero 6mbps internet good enough for Xbox Live?
2 years ago#1
I just moved and am currently looking for a good, fast, cheap internet service to use with Xbox Live.
2 years ago#2
yes but upload is more important for latency.
---
whens mahvel?
2 years ago#3
So is Netzero's basic upload speed good enough (as in, little to no lag when playing CoD or Battlefield)?
2 years ago#4
Check the upload speed. Also If I can play CoD with a 700kbps connection. Anything above is fine.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
2 years ago#5
Check the upload speed. Also If I can play CoD with a 700kbps connection. Anything above is fine.

I would stab myself in the head if my upload was that low.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
2 years ago#6
I get fiber on Thursday, woo hoo! 10X faster than what I have now!
2 years ago#7
I wouldn't get fiber because I heard you have to use their routers. You can' t have a bridged modem, it has to go through theirs. You could make your router just an access point /switch, but the actual router will be their equipment.
---
2 years ago#8
CaPwnD posted...

I would stab myself in the head if my upload was that low.

I never lag. The only problems I have are downloading demos or something big. But online is perfect.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
2 years ago#9
CaPwnD posted...
I wouldn't get fiber because I heard you have to use their routers. You can' t have a bridged modem, it has to go through theirs. You could make your router just an access point /switch, but the actual router will be their equipment.

You only have to use their routers (With Verizon anyway) if you bundle phone in, or so I am led to believe.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
2 years ago#10
CaPwnD posted...

You only have to use their routers (With Verizon anyway) if you bundle phone in, or so I am led to believe.

I hope so.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is NetZero 6mbps internet good enough for Xbox Live?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived