This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does your significant other like it when you play video games?

#1AWarAmp84Posted 3/18/2013 9:34:19 AM
question in title. - Results (60 votes)
Yes, she often plays with me.
25% (15 votes)
Somewhat. She doesn't play but knows I enjoy it.
11.67% (7 votes)
It depends on the mood she's currently in.
10% (6 votes)
Not really. She would rather me do something else.
11.67% (7 votes)
She hates it.
3.33% (2 votes)
I'm single/don't live with a women.
38.33% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me it depends on what mood she's in. I usually only play for an hour or two at a time. If we're just sitting around doing nothing at all then she'll say go ahead. This situation happens more often. On the flip side, If we have an argument and I go and turn on the 360, I put myself at risk of never getting laid again.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#2SomnambulisticPosted 3/18/2013 9:44:22 AM(edited)
I play just about whenever I want and she never minds.

I'll get the occasional "Don't you ever get bored out of your mind just playing videogames all the time?"

To which I reply, "Do you realize what it was you just asked a male human being?"

She'll occasionally play some Skyrim or Fallout and sort of just run around talking to people and not really doing any quests, but it's still funny to watch. She doesn't game much herself. She's a fairly typical "Sims 3 is all I play" girl. >_>
---
I saw the storm reach from the sky to the ground
As dark as the day was bright
#3shadothugPosted 3/18/2013 9:42:16 AM
My girl says she doesnt care that i play and she'll play zombies with me sometimes but whenever we get into a fight her favorite thing to say is all you care about is your stupid games! And i say well all you care about is justin beiber and facebook and im 20 and shes 19 so you people wont think were like 15 haha
---
GT: Assassins RioT
Playing: Black Ops 2 Zombies and Multiplayer
#4Mindwipe77Posted 3/18/2013 9:45:18 AM
my lady plays games with me, not as much as i play though, she likes to watch
---
Now playing-DCUO, Tomb Raider,Fire Emblem Awakening
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Injustice CE,PS4
#5Life And DeathPosted 3/18/2013 9:47:16 AM(edited)
My girl is overall cool with it, more so now that I make money while playing. I just make her first if she needs to talk or what not I'll put the game down. I work to and have College so it's not like I'm playing ALL DAY just trying to record more often and she knows that but like I said if need be it gets shut off and handle whats more important to me.

I voted for "It depends on the mood she's currently in." - she plays with me from time to time but not enough to say we play together.
---
Machinima Partner
YouTube.com/LifeAndDeathLive
#6AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:47:25 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
I play just about whenever I want and she never minds.

I'll get the occasional "Don't you ever get bored out of your mind just playing videogames all the time?"

To which I reply, "Do you realize what it was you just asked a male human being?"

She'll occasionally play some Skyrim or Fallout and sort of just run around talking to people and not really doing any quests, but it's still funny to watch. She doesn't game much herself. She's a fairly typical "Sims 3 is all I play" girl. >_>

At least you have that. lol My women for some reason is not interested in ANY video game. As long as she has a show to watch, everything is all good.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/18/2013 9:48:32 AM
My past 3 girlfriends didn't mind, they actually thought it was kinda cool that I was somewhat known on XBL in the Halo 2 days. They all had DS' now that I think about it...my Animal Crossing character has seen as much action as I have O_o
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#8AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:50:18 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
My past 3 girlfriends didn't mind, they actually thought it was kinda cool that I was somewhat known on XBL in the Halo 2 days. They all had DS' now that I think about it...my Animal Crossing character has seen as much action as I have O_o

That's funny.
---
#9AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:53:43 AM
So not a single person yet has a woman that absolutely hates it? I'm surprised.
---
#10darkharePosted 3/18/2013 9:54:04 AM
my wife does things that are equally useless in her free time so she pretty much leaves me alone while i waste my time playing games during my free time.
---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.