This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XI Ultimate collection comes out next week 3/26/13

#11SunDevil77Posted 3/18/2013 6:39:59 PM
Just curious; how much is this bundle?
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#12SabramPosted 3/18/2013 6:51:18 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Just curious; how much is this bundle?

You'd have seen if you had clicked the link above, but it's $40
---
Official Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#13Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:53:43 PM
Kenichi34 posted...
If this game wasn't such a huge time sink I'd go back to it in a heart beat. Way better than World of Warcraft.

wild09 posted...
Why the hell would you want to play a +10 year old that's been so dumbed down and stripped of the way it.

Not sure if serious or trolling. Especially about maxing out your level in under five hours.

Yeah, gotta be trolling.

The way that leveling works now, I can level 30-99 in about 5+ hours. Does this mean a brand new player can do that? Nope. Part of the fun of this game is participating in battles that require 18 players. For example, you may fight a tough monster called Bismark, which is a huge whale. Success requires precision. Battles are highly unpredictable. The game will test you to see if you have what it takes to win.
#14Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:01:24 PM
NeWsKiLLz posted...
It had it's moments, but no way I can go back again. Can you really max out your level that fast? That must be a kick in the ass to long time players. It was fun in the beginning but even by the time the 360 version came out, it wasn't that much fun.

There are areas called Abyssea. In these areas you fight easy mobs in alliances for massive exp. This starts at level 30 and goes all teh way to 99. The only way that you will be taken at level 30 is if you had been there already, and you have enough points to buy keys to open chests. There is also something called a Fell Cleave party, but you have to pay in-game currency for that. In other words, a brand new player can't do it. You're likely going to have a tough time for your first 99, but after that you'll be fine. Do not listen to anyone who tells you that you can get in the game, and breeze through it from 1-99 in 5 hours. They are ignorant and they know nothing, therefore, they have no credibility.
#15Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 3/18/2013 8:08:52 PM
I used to love this game until abyssea came out in 2010. Ever since than the game got so stale and boring since it's just a exp grind fest now.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#16LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/19/2013 1:41:20 AM
I may finally get into this game. *MAY* for very few hours that is. Depends on if we don't play Gears Judgment alot, if I can stop playing Drakengard 2, Splinter Cell 5 & Dark Souls long enough to devote any time on it. Dark Souls is nearly impossible to put down.

Thinking of jumping in for a few hours each week just to test the new tweaks. Definitely not going to get invested in it.
#17Arucard05Posted 3/19/2013 2:01:01 AM
One of the things I loved about the game was that it didn't hold your hand. My brother says they activated Baby Mode though, so I would have no interest in playing nowadays.

Fantastic game back in the day.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#18staticxtreme5Posted 3/19/2013 3:43:48 AM
mattcorley1212 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
mattcorley1212 posted...
game sucked 5 years ago and more than likely still sucks. Soo no

No it didn't, so no it doesn't. Its not for everyone, but it is a solid MMO. If it weren't, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. Most MMOs fail quickly, or go FTP when they start to fail. FFXI has been around for over 10 years and its still getting fresh content.

360 release was april 18 2006. So not ten years. Ps2 isnt even relevant anymore. No one cares about a crap game that is getting a complete release 7 years later. At this point it should be f2p. /topic

Not sure if serious but here goes anyways. The game has been out on PC years before it came out on 360. It came out on 360 right around the time the 3rd expansion pack hit shelves, so yes the GAME has been around 10+ years. How many other MMOs can say that that haven't went FTP. That right there shows that the game is still good and people enjoy it. Just because you don't doesn't mean that you should bash the hell out of it.
#19CaIiber345Posted 3/19/2013 4:26:19 AM
LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
I may finally get into this game. *MAY* for very few hours that is. Depends on if we don't play Gears Judgment alot, if I can stop playing Drakengard 2, Splinter Cell 5 & Dark Souls long enough to devote any time on it. Dark Souls is nearly impossible to put down.

Thinking of jumping in for a few hours each week just to test the new tweaks. Definitely not going to get invested in it.

Bold part.

Oh my, yes it is. I started playing it tonight. Despite how tough and unforgiving it is, it's addictive as hell. And I don't like difficult games at all. But DS has me hooked.
---
"Those are brave men knocking at our door... Let's go kill them!" -Tyrion Lannister
Hail HYDRA!
#20DarkPhoenix424Posted 3/19/2013 5:11:11 AM
I will be picking up the stand-alone Seekers of Adoulin disc for $30. As much as I love FFXI, I can't stand it on Xbox 360 compared to my gorgeous PC edition with Windower and draw distance set to 20.
---
The Wing Commander series is my favorite of all time...
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind