This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've been out of the loop, so is Bioshock Infinite a prequel?

#31Robin_MaskPosted 3/19/2013 8:32:03 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
You have a problem with me not liking it because they are using the name to get more sales? I hate when companies do that.

But you didn't have a problem of Bioshock using the "Shock" name from the previous and unrelated System Shock in order to sell the game?

Fair enough.

No dude...It's a quick cash grab even though it was announced 2 years ago, and they've been working on it for over 2 years.

It's actually kinda sad that Bioshock 2 will end up doing some real hard to the sales of Infinite due to the middle core gamers. Those who know enough about games to know Bioshock is good, but don't care enough about the industry to know that any disappointmnt they felt from BS2 wasn't due to Ken Levine, the creator, who made everything that was good about BS1 and went straight on from that to make Infinite.

BS2 is one of the most underrated games of this gen. And by that I mean it might not be the greatest but it doesn't suck nearly as much as people say. Not even close. It just gets negative press from BS1 fans because a different team made it. Why that should make any difference evaluating a game I have no idea, but that's fanboys for you.

Point is most people who played BS2 were not disappointed with it unless they were hardcore BS1 fans, who are going to buy BS3 regardless. So sales will not be affected by BS2 in any way.

BS2 was and will always be a cheap cash-in, there really wasn't much to go on besides make some new random threat JUST to justify it.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#32TheBeastWithinPosted 3/19/2013 8:38:57 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
BS2 was and will always be a cheap cash-in, there really wasn't much to go on besides make some new random threat JUST to justify it.

You aren't doing a whole lot to make yourself look like anything but a fanboy, you know. Giving an opinion? Fine, everyone has those. Giving a needlessly forceful opinion? Something else is going on. I'm willing to bet that if BS2 was the exact same game but made by the original team, you'd be satisfied with it.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#33Robin_MaskPosted 3/19/2013 8:41:39 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

You aren't doing a whole lot to make yourself look like anything but a fanboy, you know. Giving an opinion? Fine, everyone has those. Giving a needlessly forceful opinion? Something else is going on. I'm willing to bet that if BS2 was the exact same game but made by the original team, you'd be satisfied with it.

Nope, BS1 bored the hell out of me.

It had a good story, but ONCE you get to the famous plot twist, it falls flat. I beat the game out of sheer "I beat it at least", but it's just an average game in the end in my eyes.

However, I know enough that Fontaine was pretty much the only threat, out of nowhere, this Big Sister comes out? Doesn't really make sense besides trying to just make a quick cash-in, especially since people were yelling "SEQUEL!!! PLEASE!!!" all over.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world