This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the Best Xbox 360 Zombie Game?

#1tylerb_13Posted 3/18/2013 11:14:07 PM
So suddenly I'm itching for a good zombie game and I'm trying to decide what to get. I've already played Telltale's Walking Dead and that was good but I want to play one of the action games. I've been looking over:
-Dead Island
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Dead Rising 2
-RDR Undead Nightmare
-Activision's Walking Dead game if it somehow it far exceeded the expected reception

Were there any other zombie games I missed? What I'm looking for I suppose is just the best balance between a good story and the best gameplay, but really I'm looking for something that really captures the feel & atmosphere of a zombie survival horror.

I don't care about multiplayer (which I know was a big selling point of L4D) and so I was looking at Dead Island (and possibly leaning that way) although I brought up one random gameplay trailer and it showed these zombies absolutely sprinting toward the character, which kind of seemed lame for how I'm used to Walking Dead style classic zombies, and Dead Rising I know features crowds of regular zombies but the gameplay seems a little silly/over the top. I don't know much about L4D2 or Undead Nightmare (I played and enjoyed RDR but never got around to the DLC).

I've also already played Alan Wake (favorite game of the generation) and Dead Space, if you count those as zombie games.
---
lost.
#2glassghost0Posted 3/18/2013 11:42:36 PM
Left 4 Dead

and if you choose Dead Rising, get either 1 or Off the Record
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3HambodiasPosted 3/18/2013 11:45:13 PM
Left 4 Dead

just curious, what makes DR1 better than 2?

I never played any of the DR games, im just curious cuz i was also thinking of picking them up
---
Dertbag Design
#4glassghost0Posted 3/18/2013 11:50:08 PM
Hambodias posted...
Left 4 Dead

I never played any of the DR games, im just curious cuz i was also thinking of picking them up

Chuck Greene and his daughter, it was just annoying having to babysit her and have to find Zombrex to bring back to her

Frank West is the better character, and 2 takes out the camera and West. 1 also has the better setting and story and at least Off the Record has Sandbox mode and West
---
#5Dagoth_WitPosted 3/19/2013 12:12:52 AM
Hambodias posted...
Left 4 Dead

First, he didn't fully read your post. If you're not interested in multiplayer or fast zombies, skip Left 4 Dead and Dead Island.

Second, Dead Rising 1 isn't better than the sequel, but it's still great. Most of the major flaws from the first game were fixed in the sequel. I haven't played Off the Record, but I understand it's basically the same as DR2 only with Frank West as the star(he moves and fights differently IIRC).

My suggestion is Dead Rising 2.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#6OverburdenedPosted 3/19/2013 12:15:32 AM
RDR UN is brilliant, (if you've played the original game, then it's worth giving this a go)

It's more about survival, I.e. less weapons and ammo,

It uses the whole RDR map which is awesome, so a massive area to play around in, zombies everywhere, undead animals to find and kill,

New horses ( I won't soil anything, but they're a cool addition to the game)

Small pockets of populated areas, which give different quests and such.

If you can afford it, buy it without hesitation.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#7glassghost0Posted 3/19/2013 12:22:14 AM
He asked what's the best game, the best of those are Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead, although Left 4 Dead isn't technically zombies, they're infected.

Gameplay wise, yes 2 was better than Dead Rising 1 but, like I said, just get Off the Record, but the Dead Rising series is more comical with 1 being the most serious, and basically pays tribute to Dawn of the Dead.

Undead Nightmare is good but there really isn't that much to do, there's the main story but other than that, not a whole lot else that makes it stand out to make it better than RDR.

Which leaves the most atmospheric game to be Left 4 Dead
---
#8glassghost0Posted 3/19/2013 12:25:22 AM
and Dead Island is only worth playing with 1 or more coop partners, it's a good game but it's not really traditional to zombies, it's more for RPG fans due to the leveling and the zombies having health and the nonexistent story

It would have been really cool if they left out the rpg stuff and made it kinda like a 1st person Dead Rising
---
#9LuckNotDoWithItPosted 3/19/2013 1:18:41 AM
Left 4 Dead 2, Bullet Witch both exclusive.