This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it a horrible thing that Call of Duty and Crysis campaigns are 6 hours?

#31NemerlightPosted 3/20/2013 4:41:02 AM
Its fine because i only buy CoD for multiplayer. Although BO2 campaign was worth replaying.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#32all_that_juicePosted 3/20/2013 9:43:49 AM
Darkcloud20 posted...
From: all_that_juice | Posted: 3/20/2013 7:45:35 AM | #023
People see "6 hour campaign" and automatically panic these days. Talk about knee-jerk reactions. It's not like these games are only 6 hours. You have to put these things in perspective. I can get more play time out of a game with a 6 hour campaign and a good mulltiplayer component than I can get out of a single player only game with a 30 hour campaign.

Thats cool for you. If I add the time of mutliplayer I will probably spend with the game it is now 7 hours instead of 6 because that one extra hour is about the most multilayer usually entertains me before I get bored with it. And 6 hours is ok if the game costs bellow $20 and that's already stretching it.

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but if multiplayer doesn't float your boat then maybe online shooters aren't for you.... You might want to look into another genre. Focus on multiplayer in shooters isn't going to change anytime soon. If anything shooters will only emphasize multiplayer more as time goes on.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#33pothocketPosted 3/20/2013 9:45:19 AM
There are no 6 hour Crysis campaigns. Can't speak for CoD though.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#34ILikesCheesePosted 3/21/2013 11:59:13 AM
all_that_juice posted...
Sorry to break it to you buddy, but if multiplayer doesn't float your boat then maybe online shooters aren't for you.... You might want to look into another genre. Focus on multiplayer in shooters isn't going to change anytime soon. If anything shooters will only emphasize multiplayer more as time goes on.

Bioshock Infinite would like to tell you to go stand in the corner until you have learned not to speak on things you know nothing about.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#35all_that_juicePosted 3/21/2013 12:06:17 PM
I couldn't give two ****s about Biosuck Impotent
---
#36ILikesCheesePosted 3/21/2013 12:13:57 PM
Star99gers posted...
Length = Quality now.

That is an over-simplified response that doesn't hold water.

It's about bang for your buck. At $60, a six hour single player game is just not worth the charge of admission. Think of it like this:

1) Are you ready to pay the same theater prices to watch a 20 minute short film as you would for "Skyfall", "The Hobbit", or The Avengers?"
2) Ribeyes are great steaks. They are also much cheaper than tenderloin. Would you rather have a hearty 1lb ribeye or a bitesize 6 oz tenderloin for $15?
3) Would you rather buy a really good 500 page novel for 8 bucks, or two issues of the latest great comic book?

Also of note, as you say, length (long OR short) does not equate with quality. Just because a game is a few hours long does not imply it will be fantastically better than another game with a campaign three times that length.

The multi-player component however is something to factor in though. IF there are scores of PvP maps (not just FOUR for example), a varied and lengthy levelling system, and the online is full of players and fun, then perhaps the price of admission might be worth it after all.

On an altogether different topic, I find it hysterical that the spell checker here on Gamefaqs has never heard of a "ribeye" steak!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#37ILikesCheesePosted 3/21/2013 12:19:00 PM
all_that_juice posted...
I couldn't give two ****s about Biosuck Impotent

Whether you give two figs or not is irrelevant.

The game exists, is a HUGE AAA game that many have waited years on, and will sell millions. Its existence and inevitable popularity handily renders your point and logic both moot and laughingly incorrect.
---
#38all_that_juicePosted 3/21/2013 1:05:58 PM
Are you really so certain about Biosuck's popularity? Last I heard 2 was a failure. What's to say Infinite won't fail too?
---
#39SoF-RamboPosted 3/21/2013 1:33:46 PM
Actually the only real reason I think Black Ops 2 is worth $25 is because they actually tried with the campaign this year, with branching storylines and different endings.

Then again, Treyarch is just better at making a good SP game.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#40ILikesCheesePosted 3/21/2013 3:43:58 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Are you really so certain about Biosuck's popularity? Last I heard 2 was a failure. What's to say Infinite won't fail too?

Bioshock 2 sold over 4 million copies. While considered nowhere near the level of the original, it was NOT a failure. Are you from an alternate Earth, perhaps? Or, like I said earlier, just don't really know what you're ranting about?

By the way, another funny point. A lot of the criticism lobbed at Bioshock 2 was the "forced" online multiplayer. :D

I think you need to just stop. But there's your shovel if you want to keep digging your hole.
---