This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why are the Halo stories praised so much?

#41Allaster111Posted 3/19/2013 8:11:19 PM
The only good story arc in Halo was the story of the Arbiter in Halo 2. I found him to be much more compelling than Master Chief. Other than that, I didn't find the overall story to be particularly fascinating. And yes, I finished the fight. Played Halo 1-3. After 3, I was done.

As for having to read the novels and comic books to get the "good story", that's just pure fail on the part of the game's designers. With all the technology and resources available now in gaming, they have no excuse not to present a good story within the context of the game.
#42lindaluvPosted 3/19/2013 8:26:37 PM
The books are good, the games suck. Like most book based movies, books are fantastic, movies... 99% of the time not so much.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#43SunDevil77Posted 3/19/2013 8:35:35 PM
lindaluv posted...
The books are good, the games suck. Like most book based movies, books are fantastic, movies... 99% of the time not so much.

wat
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#44JamanjaxPosted 3/19/2013 8:44:06 PM
lindaluv posted...

You'd best be ****ting me.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#45Valenta412Posted 3/19/2013 9:13:39 PM
I dislike halo alot. Always did
#46RollnThunder213Posted 3/19/2013 9:26:15 PM
I was surprised when it was revealed Halo 4 would involve the Didact heavily because I thought more specific details about the Forerunners beyond "old alien race that's gone" would be something relegated to the books only. I think at this point the only people who really care about Halo's story and single player are the people who read the books or dig deeper into the lore.

The majority of people just want to do something with 3 friends and see big set pieces and explosions.

I think some of the major strengths of the Halo universe aren't just the main plot points but all the small stories about specific ODSTs and the original Spartan program and places like Harvest. All things the games just gloss over and the non interested person ignores.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#47MetalZoicPosted 3/19/2013 9:29:05 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
all_that_juice posted...
GGearX posted...
Jonh robot learns to love in halo 4. It's sad.
Also blue lady has a huge rack.

Sold me at the huge rack.

indeed

I wish I had known this before. I wouldn't have skipped all the cut scenes had I known about the huge rack part.
#48the_great_tidusPosted 3/19/2013 9:55:59 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Read the books, it's a good universe to tell stories in.

And next time, play through the WHOLE game before you judge it's story....

the book stories have nothing to do with the quality of the game stories. The game stories are pretty average except for maybe halo 2
---
Favorite Games = FFX, Xenoblade, Xenogears, MGS series, Bioshock, Mass effect 1, Yakuza series, inFamous.
#49BBBanks03Posted 3/20/2013 1:30:15 PM
lindaluv posted...

I HATE when people say that. A staggering amount of the most beloved movies of all time are based off of books. Any time someone mentions movies based off of books are usually bad, I’ll start listing off enough movies in the span of about 20 seconds they’ll realize they be talkin crazy.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#50fiasco86Posted 3/20/2013 2:37:07 PM
Jigglybuff posted...
I can understand if the plots are amazing, but honestly, I don't even know. Every Halo game has bored me to tears with its singleplayer.

Both from its lack luster audio,

That's where I stopped reading. That's just plain false.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY