This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connecting to Xbox Live through my laptop

#1hardman2k7Posted 3/19/2013 4:39:33 PM
So my uni doesn't allow xbox live ports but I'm at home right now. When I was last at home I managed to connect to XBL through my laptop with some tweaking of settings but I can't remember what I changed. Basically, my problem is that I can connect to my laptop in the "test XBL connection" on the 360 but not the internet. I had to connect manually, so I have manually input settings for IP, subnet mask, gateway and dns server on the 360 and the same settings on the local area connection of my laptop.

I enabled internet connection sharing on the local area connection but I don't understand why there isn't an option to share the wireless connection because that's what I need for my xbox to be able to connect to the internet. So my laptop will connect to the 360 but won't allow the 360 to use my wireless internet connection, bridging doesn't work either. What can I do to connect it? Help would be great :/
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - zI CHR1S Iz
My Rock Band DLC: dlcquickplay.com/user/zichr1siz - Add me if you have similar DLC
#2GGearXPosted 3/19/2013 4:41:34 PM
You need to bridge the connection between router-laptop - Xbox360
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#3hardman2k7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:50:40 PM(edited)
GGearX posted...
You need to bridge the connection between router-laptop - Xbox360

Now my xbox won't pass the network test. I can connect to the internet on my laptop whilst bridged but now it won't allow the xbox-laptop connection even though it shows this: http://i.imgur.com/qFraDAZ.png
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - zI CHR1S Iz
My Rock Band DLC: dlcquickplay.com/user/zichr1siz - Add me if you have similar DLC