This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGLeaks: Durango must always be online, Kinect is required

#11Arucard05Posted 3/19/2013 8:20:27 PM
The rumors are coming in from a lot of different places and sources. As much as we may not like it, it's probably ok to entertain the idea that these things are true.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#12GGearXPosted 3/19/2013 8:25:30 PM
Is it true then? That sucks. The PS4 has me now. Unless someone can prove this isn't true.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#13RollnThunder213Posted 3/19/2013 8:40:50 PM
If someone is making a claim, they have the burden of proof and must support the claim. Rumors aren't evidence of anything.

And the reason MS doesn't confirm or deny any of these things now before it's even announced it they might deny that the console must always be online to play games but then when they lack a comment on something else like "no used games" then people will jump on it and say "they didn't comment so it must be true!!!!1!!1!11!!". It's better for them to just not comment on any of it.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
#14shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 8:49:20 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
shawnmck posted...
If these rumors are true, then Microsoft can kiss my ass goodbye.
And I find it very disturbing that MS refuses to comment on them, or even deny them.
Sony at least denied the rumors when directly asked...MS refuses to.
That alone shows that MS has very little respect for its consumers, and could be an indication that the rumors are indeed true.

They haven't even announced the next xbox yet, why would they start answering questions about it? Here's and idea: Why don't you wait until they announce the thing before you start condemning them?

^ What, is that an excuse to let the rumors circulate ?
The PS3 hasn't even given the full specs of the PS3 (other than to say that it will have 8-gigs of RAM), nor have they announced or shown a form factor, or anything else...yet they can deny rumors of an Always On-line connection.
But Microsoft somehow can't.

That is a bunch of bull-crap.
If Microsoft knows that the next X-Box won't require an always On-line connection then they should announce it.
What you DON'T do is allow rumors to circulate and grow...that is counter-productive.

"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the next X-Box will retail for $1,000 bucks ?"
"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the next gen X-Box is barely as powerful as the Wii-U ?"
"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the Durango (XB 720) comes with a free HD tv ?"

^ I bet Microsoft would answer "NO" to all these questions...but a simple Q like, ..."is it true that the next X-box will require an always On-line connection...?" ... they can't seem to answer.

DON'T piss down my back & tell me it's raining.
#15Perfect LightPosted 3/19/2013 8:52:25 PM
shawnmck posted...
And I find it very disturbing that MS refuses to comment on them, or even deny them.
That alone shows that MS has very little respect for its consumers, and could be an indication that the rumors are indeed true.

Microsoft does not comment on rumors, it's company policy. It's not about respect, it's about the fact that the new Xbox is not announced yet. Sony didn't address the rumors until the PS4 was unveiled and Microsoft will do the same. Calm down and take a chill pill. Just wait until the announcement comes before you get your panties in a twist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#16TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 3/19/2013 9:02:06 PM
shawnmck posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
shawnmck posted...
If these rumors are true, then Microsoft can kiss my ass goodbye.

They haven't even announced the next xbox yet, why would they start answering questions about it? Here's and idea: Why don't you wait until they announce the thing before you start condemning them?

^ What, is that an excuse to let the rumors circulate ?
The PS3 hasn't even given the full specs of the PS3 (other than to say that it will have 8-gigs of RAM), nor have they announced or shown a form factor, or anything else...yet they can deny rumors of an Always On-line connection.
But Microsoft somehow can't.

That is a bunch of bull-crap.
If Microsoft knows that the next X-Box won't require an always On-line connection then they should announce it.
What you DON'T do is allow rumors to circulate and grow...that is counter-productive.

"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the next X-Box will retail for $1,000 bucks ?"
"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the next gen X-Box is barely as powerful as the Wii-U ?"
"Hey Microsoft...is it true that the Durango (XB 720) comes with a free HD tv ?"

^ I bet Microsoft would answer "NO" to all these questions...but a simple Q like, ..."is it true that the next X-box will require an always On-line connection...?" ... they can't seem to answer.

DON'T piss down my back & tell me it's raining.

Difference here is that Sony already unveiled their PS4; Microsoft, on the other hand hasn't even confirmed the Nextbox's existence, let alone any of it's hardware or features.
Like I said, how about you let them unveil that damn thing first.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#17shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:04:47 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
If someone is making a claim, they have the burden of proof and must support the claim. Rumors aren't evidence of anything.

And the reason MS doesn't confirm or deny any of these things now before it's even announced it they might deny that the console must always be online to play games but then when they lack a comment on something else like "no used games" then people will jump on it and say "they didn't comment so it must be true!!!!1!!1!11!!". It's better for them to just not comment on any of it.

^ More Bull-Crap excuses...
Why is it that Sony can deny these rumors, but Microsoft can't ?

And don't give me that.."but Sony announced the PS4 already" nonsense, because Sony still hasn't announced much of anything about the PS4 console.
We know next to NOTHING about the PS4, other than it will have 8-gigs of RAM, and we know what the controller looks like, and we know some of the games.
That is squat !
Yet Sony can (& does) answer questions about the rumors and will either deny, confirm, or refuse to answer.
So far, some of the questions that they refused to answer have been proven to be true.
And the rumor of the always On-line connection they adamantly deny.

But somehow, Microsoft can't be bothered to do the same....and we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt and stubbornly and foolishly believe that the rumors are false..?
That is some arrogant & naive foolishness there.

Seems to me, if you can doubt the rumors, then it is only logical & fair for others to assume that they are true.
You CAN'T have it just your way.
Microsoft is pulling everyone's chain, and some of you would rather be tools.

And before you claim I am an anti-MS fanboy....I bought & still own the original X-Box (3-of them to be accurate)...as well as an XB 360 (x2).
And I am not falling for this shenanigans on the part of Microsoft.

And lets just say for the sake of argument that the rumors are false....
Then that means that Microsoft knows FULL-well that the rumors are untrue, but chooses to let them circulate and GROW without any concern for their reputation or of the concern of their fan-base.
That alone is utter carelessness & insensitivity from them...or from any company.
Any Company would deny rumors that are untrue...but for some reason, Microsoft gets a total pass and is defended.
It's not a good decision to allow false rumors to circulate, I don't care what company you are....its just WRONG !
But then again, the rumors are probably true, and that's why MS refuses to answer them.
That is what I am going to believe until they prove me wrong.
#18shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:08:58 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...

Difference here is that Sony already unveiled their PS4; Microsoft, on the other hand hasn't even confirmed the Nextbox's existence, let alone any of it's hardware or features.
Like I said, how about you let them unveil that damn thing first.

^ Sony did NOT unveil the PS4.
All they did was announce it.

Can you tell me what the specs are of the PS4 ?
Can you tell me what it looks like ?
Can you even tell me what color it is going to be ?

No, you can't.

And that is more excuses.
Excuses, excuses, EXCUSES !

"Microsoft doesn't comment on rumors because....well, because they are Microsoft, and they just don't...so there.."
Yeah, that sure is some intelligent argument & irrefutable proof you got there.
#19shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:15:02 PM(edited)
I'm calling it right now...on March 19, 2013....
The Next X-Box will require an always On-line connection...but Microsoft will offer cheap XBL or even a free 6-months to sweeten the deal.
Maybe even throw in a free game (digital down-load only)...

And if I'm wrong, then I will eat crow and apologize publicly....and admit that I was wrong.

Because if I am wrong...then Microsoft is just showing to me that they are stupider than I thought, by allowing such rumors to circulate, grow, and basically erode their consumer fan-base and show that they have little to no respect when it comes to offering the truth.
#20RollnThunder213Posted 3/19/2013 9:13:30 PM
I dare you to go back before February 20th and pull me an official Sony press release concerning always online DRM and the ability to play used games. I'll wait here.

If you asked a MS employee about the next Xbox they'd be like "what are you talking about?" and go on to explain what makes the Xbox 360 a great console. They just refuse to acknowledge it even exists, Sony did the same exact thing.

You also have to consider that gaming forums isn't anywhere near a good sample for the overall gaming market. So denying/confirming is just playing games for the small hardcore people who tune in. The vast majority of people who will buy the consoles probably don't even know another console is coming out this year let alone know anything about what the rumors circulating about it are.

Chill out, wait a month, then you can bag on MS for not addressing rumors.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213