This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGLeaks: Durango must always be online, Kinect is required

#21WinternovaPosted 3/19/2013 9:14:41 PM
I'm calling it right now...on March 19, 2013....
The Next X-Box will require an always On-line connection...but Microsoft will offer cheap XBL or even a free 6-months to sweeten the deal.
Maybe even throw in a free game (digital down-load only)...

And if I'm wrong, then I will eat crow and apologize publicly....and admit that I was wrong.

How about closing your account if you're wrong?
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#22shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:18:55 PM
Winternova posted...
The Next X-Box will require an always On-line connection...but Microsoft will offer cheap XBL or even a free 6-months to sweeten the deal.

And if I'm wrong, then I will eat crow and apologize publicly....and admit that I was wrong.

How about closing your account if you're wrong?

^ Sorry...because even if I'm wrong about this, I've still been right more often than not, and my success rate would still be higher than Michael Pachter.....
Do you expect him (Pachter) to quit his job for being so wrong ?

And besides...if being wrong were grounds for closing accounts, then yours should have been shut-sown long ago.
You hypocrite.
#23WinternovaPosted 3/19/2013 9:23:29 PM
shawnmck posted...
I've still been right more often than not

Thanks for the laugh. You're right, you shouldn't close your account...your particular brand of posting is quite amusing...you're fun to laugh at. OFTEN.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#24shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:24:01 PM
And who is to say that Microsoft wasn't seriously considering forcing an always On-line connection...but is just judging the reaction to the rumors...and their refusal to acknowledge or answer the rumors is just their way of keeping their options open....so that if they generate too much negative buzz & publicity, then they can always claim that the rumors are untrue, when they are just trying to play both sides of the fence in reality.

Being the shyster lawyer that you are winternova, I would expect you of all people to be accustomed to these kinds of tricks and chicanery.
#25MetalZoicPosted 3/19/2013 9:24:33 PM
shawnmck posted...

Because if I am wrong...then Microsoft is just showing to me that they are stupider than I thought, by allowing such rumors to circulate, grow, and basically erode their consumer fan-base and show that they have little to no respect when it comes to offering the truth.

You're getting worked up for nothing. It makes perfect sense for them not to comment on anything until after their official announcement.
#26shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:35:55 PM(edited)
^ Nah...they're just trying to straddle the fence.
They want to implement an always On-line connection because they can do a multitude of things, such as deny the use of used games, and push digital distribution, which in the end allows them to make more money (they are a Publisher after a all).

They are trying to cover both ends and have it both ways.
This way, they can judge consumer opinion and wait til the very last minute to actually render a decision.
No matter what they decide, they can play the innocent company part.
It's a crock.

It's funny too...when other companies do this very same thing, they are ridiculed...but when MS does it, they are defended and even praised in some cases.
It's a business tactic, nothing more, and nothing less.

You can choose to believe that they are somehow innocent and clean as the wind-driven snow...but I know better. I'm old enough to have seen this very same tactic used before.
The only people who use such tactics are either cowards, or people with something to hide.
And MS is no cowardly company.
#27RollnThunder213Posted 3/19/2013 9:35:31 PM
shawnmck posted...
And who is to say that Microsoft wasn't seriously considering forcing an always On-line connection...but is just judging the reaction to the rumors...and their refusal to acknowledge or answer the rumors is just their way of keeping their options open....so that if they generate too much negative buzz & publicity, then they can always claim that the rumors are untrue, when they are just trying to play both sides of the fence in reality

WHAT?! A company listening to what consumers want?! M$ is so evil and slippery!!
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#28shawnmckPosted 3/19/2013 9:44:48 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
shawnmck posted...
And who is to say that Microsoft wasn't seriously considering forcing an always On-line connection...but is just judging the reaction to the rumors...and their refusal to acknowledge or answer the rumors is just their way of keeping their options open....so that if they generate too much negative buzz & publicity, then they can always claim that the rumors are untrue, when they are just trying to play both sides of the fence in reality

WHAT?! A company listening to what consumers want?! M$ is so evil and slippery!!

^ I'm not saying that they are "listening to what the consumers want"...but trying to gauge consumer acceptance/backlash.
What they do is purely for selfish and monetary gain.
If they feel that forcing an always On-line connection will be ultimately beneficial to them in the long-run...then that's what they will do.
But if they decide that there will be an enormous enough back-lash that ultimately hurts them negatively, then they will abandon the idea and claim that it was ..."just a rumor"...
Like I said, they are not approaching this with any type of honor or dignity, but with arrogance, selfishness, and tom-foolery.

A company that is honorable will flat out deny or confirm rumors.
A shady company will keep their agenda & motives hidden by not answering them.
It gives them wiggle room and plausible deniability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plausible_deniability
#29TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 3/19/2013 9:51:09 PM
You need to calm down. What does it matter if these rumors are true or not? Even if they were, they aren't putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy the console. You are literally getting worked up over nothing and I'm just laughing at how paranoid you sound.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#30WinternovaPosted 3/19/2013 9:51:56 PM(edited)
MetalZoic posted...
shawnmck posted...

Because if I am wrong...then Microsoft is just showing to me that they are stupider than I thought, by allowing such rumors to circulate, grow, and basically erode their consumer fan-base and show that they have little to no respect when it comes to offering the truth.

You're getting worked up for nothing. It makes perfect sense for them not to comment on anything until after their official announcement.

He's a conspiracy theorist that sees threats and evil everywhere...of course he's going to take rumors as fact and assume that silence equals confirmation. That's why no one takes him seriously.

(That and he can't write in cogent paragraphs...even single sentence gets a hard return.)
---