This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGLeaks: Durango must always be online, Kinect is required

#31RollnThunder213Posted 3/19/2013 8:53:35 PM
shawnmck posted...
^ I'm not saying that they are "listening to what the consumers want"...but trying to gauge consumer acceptance/backlash.
What they do is purely for selfish and monetary gain.

Gauging consumer acceptance/backlash is called listening to what consumers want.

I don't know if you know this, but ALL companies do what they do for monetary gain. If doing what consumers want so they don't get angry ultimately makes them more money then they are going to do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_motive
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#32WinternovaPosted 3/19/2013 8:56:56 PM
Like I said, they are not approaching this with any type of honor or dignity

You should be on late-night television. You're funnier than Jay Leno! The only difference is that Jay Leno TRIES to be funny...with you it's unintentional humor.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#33Super CreaturesPosted 3/19/2013 9:22:25 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
(Always online) The way its said in there doesn't seem bad, unless of course, it means games wont play when not connected. Aside from that, it just appears to be a way to update the system without having to turn it on and have this face " -.- " when you realize there is an update and you don't have a lot of time to play.

You mean like Wii Connect 24?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#34OrgeLambartPosted 3/19/2013 10:04:06 PM
MS is probably tossing around a few ideas, i'm sure one of those ideas deals with alsways on. The kinect required thing is almost a given, considering each new system will come with one. If you can't play with controllers i'm almost certainly going to PS4, dont' like systems built around a gimmick, especially a glitchy, unfun gimmick like Kinect.
#35josh924Posted 3/19/2013 10:06:42 PM(edited)
shawnmck posted...
RollnThunder213 posted...
If someone is making a claim, they have the burden of proof and must support the claim. Rumors aren't evidence of anything.

And the reason MS doesn't confirm or deny any of these things now before it's even announced it they might deny that the console must always be online to play games but then when they lack a comment on something else like "no used games" then people will jump on it and say "they didn't comment so it must be true!!!!1!!1!11!!". It's better for them to just not comment on any of it.

^ More Bull-Crap excuses...
Why is it that Sony can deny these rumors, but Microsoft can't ?

And don't give me that.."but Sony announced the PS4 already" nonsense, because Sony still hasn't announced much of anything about the PS4 console.
We know next to NOTHING about the PS4, other than it will have 8-gigs of RAM, and we know what the controller looks like, and we know some of the games.
That is squat !

Are you serious? That's way more than we know about the next-gen Xbox, which is absolutely nothing right now. Regardless of a good rumor or a bad rumor, its Microsoft's policy to not comment on rumors and speculation. The fact that you take that as a sign of anything makes you look beyond stupid.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#36josh924Posted 3/19/2013 10:16:01 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
MS is probably tossing around a few ideas, i'm sure one of those ideas deals with alsways on. The kinect required thing is almost a given, considering each new system will come with one.

We don't even know that for sure, so how can you say that each system will come with one?

If you can't play with controllers i'm almost certainly going to PS4, dont' like systems built around a gimmick, especially a glitchy, unfun gimmick like Kinect.

If SuperDAE is to be believed, then the next Xbox will have controllers. Also, what makes you think that Kinect 2.0 won't be an improvement on what we currently have? The way I imagine it, a next-gen Kinect would work faster and smoother than what we have now. It could potentially turn your TV into more of a touchscreen as opposed to the "your hand is a mouse" style of interaction.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#37SparkItUpPosted 3/19/2013 10:57:23 PM
oh..this topic...again.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#38CapnStankyPosted 3/19/2013 11:58:10 PM
Only a moron reads that and comes away saying it "must always be online". It says it's always online. Durrrrrr. Guess what else is always online? PS3 and 360. Wii was too (remember Wii Connect?). The only thing required in that leak is Kinect, which makes sense since it's being packed in with every Xbox and thus every game has to support voice etc to go from the game to the main menu. Just like every game also has to support the controller. It's hilarious how stupid fanboys of lesser consoles are, and how scared they are of microsoft.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#39OrgeLambartPosted 3/20/2013 12:20:36 AM
i'm using the rumors, which have pretty much all said nextbox will come prepackaged with kinect 2.0, which will more than likely be attached to the system itself in someway.
#40Banana_ManaPosted 3/20/2013 12:22:32 AM
Hi guys...

I like the idea of always online...

*runs*
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?