This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who have played and beaten tomb raider, is it worth $60?

#11rockyoumonkeysPosted 3/19/2013 8:34:58 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Or is it like uncharted in that once you beat it, there's no real reason to go back and play it again?

Total pet peeve of mine.

A game being fun is a reason to go back and play it again. Always has been. In fact, it's the best reason.

But kids today need unlockable bull**** or new game plus or multiple endings or whatever in order to justify replaying a game. Bunch of crap.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#12glassghost0Posted 3/19/2013 8:37:41 PM
It's worth $60 but there's no real reason to buy it now when you'll probably be able to find it on sale in a month or so
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#13DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/19/2013 8:40:53 PM
Just got it today for $40 from a friend. Downloading the update right now
#14HambodiasPosted 3/19/2013 8:45:56 PM
there isnt "replay value" as in there isnt any bonus for playing it again, its the same thing from start to finish no new tombs, no alternate endings, nothing..., the worst thing to me is that there was no new game +.

multiplayer isnt no where near as bad as people say it is, but it isnt good either. its just there, you will probably play it once and never touch it again

but on that note, I replayed it 3 times already and enjoyed it every time. it is a phenomenal game and its keeps you entertained.
i was totally satisfied paying $60 for it, its one of the best games i've ever played, but if you know your not into replaying games without any sort of bonus content added then i suggest waiting it out.
---
Dertbag Design
#15glassghost0Posted 3/19/2013 8:48:22 PM
glassghost0 posted...
It's worth $60 but there's no real reason to buy it now when you'll probably be able to find it on sale in a month or so

Like I rented for 2 days from Redbox and 100%ed the single player, just missed the one secret achievement and the zip line one
---
#16fallangePosted 3/19/2013 10:25:54 PM
glassghost0 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Like I rented for 2 days from Redbox and 100%ed the single player, just missed the one secret achievement and the zip line one

Not trying to be an ass, but why would you quote yourself just to add something else?
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#17glassghost0Posted 3/19/2013 10:30:49 PM
fallange posted...
glassghost0 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Not trying to be an ass, but why would you quote yourself just to add something else?

I don't really know why, I guess so people saw what I originally said, if I just edited it in, people most likely wouldn't have seen it
---
#18TheIastspartanPosted 3/19/2013 11:03:10 PM
I miss time trials and unlockable cheats and costumes. It has significantly less replay value than past games. I'd still say it's worth 60$ though.
#19symachPosted 3/20/2013 12:13:20 AM
OMG Yes, one of the best single player campaigns Ive ever played, and far more fun imo than any of the uncharted games, the gap is wide my friends.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#20DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/20/2013 1:13:40 AM
So far, happy with it for $40 but I would not pay $60. Seems linear, and heavy on QTE's so far. Also a lot of tedious collectables. Combat is a little clunky, but servicable. It's a good game, but not as great as everyone is saying.