This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who have played and beaten tomb raider, is it worth $60?

#21bladegash666Posted 3/20/2013 12:47:22 AM
0 replay value IMO.

---
"I was wrong about you ; you are like us after all. But now you're just being NASTY!"
#22dsardinaPosted 3/20/2013 1:45:17 AM
Loved it, best all a round action game in a while. Not much replay because u want to collect everything the first time. Like what was said before $40 being the sweet spot. I'm ready for another play thru...
#23SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/20/2013 3:50:00 AM
ive got 25 hours into it at 63% complete. been trying to collect all hidden items right now but about to push forward soon to finish the game. then i will pick up any collectibles i missed. there are about 6 things i cant seem to find at this moment so i will wait until after i finish the story . i will look for those 6 things later.

after i 100% i will more than likely start a new game. finish it , and then start a new one after that. i can see myself playing this at least 4 or more times. i did with crysis, gears of war, ninja gaiden and this is one of those games for me. i just want to keep playing and playing.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#24dcn2424Posted 3/20/2013 3:51:53 AM
It may be a good game, but no game is worth $60. I haven't seen any game worth $60 yet.
#25grizzmoePosted 3/20/2013 4:01:02 AM
anyone knows me knows i dont pay $60 for games, im a used/ price drop kinda guy but i couldnt wait for it, paid 60 and dont regret it, amazing game
#26Dark_SpiretPosted 3/20/2013 4:06:16 AM
as said, 0 replay value. HOWEVER that first run can potentially take you a good 15-20hours. the multiplayer while nothing great, does offer some fun.
---
Currently playing: Disgaea 4 - Resident Evil 5 - Mark of the Ninja
#27Kjones77Posted 3/20/2013 4:19:12 AM
Just wait a couple months TC, it will be in the bargain bin, or eBay/amazon for $20 or less. It's definitely not worth $60 though.
---
Psn kylejay
#28OKRecords1138Posted 3/20/2013 5:00:08 AM
I got my money's worth on the first playthrough, and have no need or desire to play it again. Still worth every penny I spent.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#29DyingPancakePosted 3/20/2013 5:09:08 AM
Easily one of the most fun experiences this gen. I hardly ever buy $60 games, but I thought this was well worth the price. Replay value is decent and the multiplayer isn't anything to write home about, but there is a little fun to be had
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#30mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 5:13:13 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Or is it like uncharted in that once you beat it, there's no real reason to go back and play it again?

Total pet peeve of mine.

A game being fun is a reason to go back and play it again. Always has been. In fact, it's the best reason.

But kids today need unlockable bull**** or new game plus or multiple endings or whatever in order to justify replaying a game. Bunch of crap.

1, I'm not a kid, but thanks.

2. Uncharted was boring as hell to play through a second time, and not because of a lack of collectables. More due to its cinematic style. They pretty much show all of their cards the first time around(not that it isn't fun as hell), and any subsequent playthroughs exposed very mediocre gameplay(linear platforming and piss poor gunplay. I dont enjoy shooting a guy in the head 8 times and still having him come at me only to have countless enemies respawn just to pad the length. The gunplay segments are tedious and unfun).

So to refine my question for angry, condescending folks like yourself, does the gameplay stand on its own, and remain enjoyable for multiple playthroughs?
---
I love video games : )