The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Debating between the original and re-releases of the new Ninja Gaidens

#1JirynPosted 3/19/2013 11:17:42 PM
I am trying to debate which games are better, more fun to play in the series.
The original Ninja Gaidens, or the Sigma re-releases.

I am either going to get
Ninja Gaiden/Black
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

OR

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Razor's Edge

The only problem I have with Sigma 1 are the horrible parts as Rachel, and some weird loading spots (run down a hall, get ambushed.. game stops to load mid way into the fight)
However alot of the combat was stream lined and fixed up compared to the original and even black.

Sigma 2, all the blood and dismember was removed but... once again everything was tightened and balanced..

So I don't know what to go with.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 3/19/2013 11:39:21 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3RenamonPosted 3/19/2013 11:48:30 PM
I never played the Sigmas, but the combat in NG1/Black is pretty good, so there's really not much to improve on. Maybe the camera angles aren't perfect at times, but you'll have that with action games.

If you've never played any of them, I'd go for NG Black as it includes the DLC that you can't get anymore, adding new enemies and minions to boss fights so they aren't so bland, but even without the DLC, the original was still fun as hell, and is still in my top 5 games, in terms of how long I played it. 500+ Hours and 15+ playthroughs, and at least 5 of those playthroughs were after I bought Black, which I only played 3 or 4 times, but that's only because I played the original so many times already.

Only played NG2 2 or 3 times, didn't find it as fun, but never bought Sigma so can't really compare.

Never bought NG3 at all.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4Robin_MaskPosted 3/19/2013 11:54:03 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black is the PERFECT game for the genre as a whole.

Ninja Gaiden II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sigma 2

There are lots of reasons why Sigma 2 sucks, I'm sure others can say more:

1) Forced to play as the women characters, with a limited moveset, which can get annoying seeing how you hardly use them and only for those chapters

2) Blood is gone

3) Throws are OHKO

4) Enemy count is lowered

5) The staircase battle in CH 11 in NG2 which was fun fighting 100 ninjas, turns to crap in Sigma 2

The only thing I can think of that Sigma 2 did right was that it took out the double Armadillo boss battle and replaced it with Marbus.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#5velvet_hammerPosted 3/20/2013 12:00:24 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Ninja Gaiden Black is the PERFECT game for the genre as a whole.

Ninja Gaiden II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sigma 2

There are lots of reasons why Sigma 2 sucks, I'm sure others can say more:

1) Forced to play as the women characters, with a limited moveset, which can get annoying seeing how you hardly use them and only for those chapters

2) Blood is gone

3) Throws are OHKO

4) Enemy count is lowered

5) The staircase battle in CH 11 in NG2 which was fun fighting 100 ninjas, turns to crap in Sigma 2

The only thing I can think of that Sigma 2 did right was that it took out the double Armadillo boss battle and replaced it with Marbus.

sigma 1 and 2 are awesome.. but I could see how some may prefer ng2
---
"F*** weed, I'm smoking Bob Marley's ashes."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6svFbckq5s
#6PCmonkey101Posted 3/20/2013 12:00:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Robin_MaskPosted 3/20/2013 12:06:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Robin_MaskPosted 3/20/2013 12:10:55 AM
PCmonkey101 posted...

LOL

I was like "What the hell?" until I realized the names of the characters.

You know what? BOOKER T IS GOING TO TAKE OVER!
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:11:50 AM
Renamon posted...
I never played the Sigmas, but the combat in NG1/Black is pretty good, so there's really not much to improve on. Maybe the camera angles aren't perfect at times, but you'll have that with action games.

If you've never played any of them, I'd go for NG Black as it includes the DLC that you can't get anymore, adding new enemies and minions to boss fights so they aren't so bland, but even without the DLC, the original was still fun as hell, and is still in my top 5 games, in terms of how long I played it. 500+ Hours and 15+ playthroughs, and at least 5 of those playthroughs were after I bought Black, which I only played 3 or 4 times, but that's only because I played the original so many times already.

Only played NG2 2 or 3 times, didn't find it as fun, but never bought Sigma so can't really compare.

Never bought NG3 at all.

I played NG, Black and Sigma 1 and HATED Sigma 1
Played NG2 but not Sigma 2
Never played 3, not touching 3 till RE is released.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#10Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:18:56 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
PCmonkey101 posted...

LOL

I was like "What the hell?" until I realized the names of the characters.

You know what? BOOKER T IS GOING TO TAKE OVER!

I still do NOT get it.
---