This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Debating between the original and re-releases of the new Ninja Gaidens

#21shinobisBACKPosted 3/20/2013 8:02:12 AM
make it simple, get Black because its the best one. then if you like it and play the hell out of it, get ng2. avoid all the rest of them imo, except you could grab original for the hell of it. i still have original and black and play both of them for different reasons.
#22The Waynos BumPosted 3/20/2013 8:07:18 AM
By "original" I was hoping you meant the NES version. I know the 2004 series is a prequel but I still think of it as a remake.
---
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
#23oasisbeyondPosted 3/20/2013 8:08:20 AM
I beat NG and was in top 50 and top 3 in Canada Xboxlive Tournament... Played Sigma did not like it. They added some strange parts that felt ut of place and the extra level with the chick... I forget the name lol sucked.

Get NGB... One of the best games ever made. I have a flat screen tv, so it looks amazing. In HD... NGS is better but there's no trophies, so if that bothers you, don't buy.
#24Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:24:25 AM
magx posted...
Oh man, I could go on and on for pages but suffice it to say that your best bet is to go with Ninja Gaiden Black. And this isn't a platform thing. I own a PS3 and a Vita as well, and if you check my PSN account all you'll see on there so far is progress in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (Vita). I'm honestly telling you that Ninja Gaiden Black is the best designed, best balanced and most fun of the modern Ninja Gaiden games.

Ninja Gaiden II was pretty incredible in ways but also an unfinished and not very well balanced mess of a game. Sigma 2 fixed some things but completely dropped the ball in many ways, with big omissions, terrible additions, changes to the design and technical issues. However, NGII on the 360 was itself not free of technical issues and it featured some ridiculously bad levels/bosses/enemies, some of which were improved/removed in Sigma 2 (adding giant Buddah fights was not one of those great changes).

Btw, I say Black over the 2004 original because Black made some serious improvements to the formula and saw additions like Master Ninja mode and Mission Mode. (plus some fantastic surprises in the harder difficulties and some great balancing).

I can really get specific if you want but seriously, just get Black.

I've beaten NG and Black, I got halfway through Sigma and just after Playing as Rachel.. I couldn't take it anymore.
I do know the balancing of Swallow helped alot form NG to BLACK but Sigma, has so many technical flaws due to PS3's limitations at the time (People were new to the system) like load points IN HALLWAYS of all friggan things.

I played NG2 and liked it but found it frustrating, never played Sigma 2.. however both are on clearance at a Target for $10 (Platinum Hits 2, vs Original Release Sigma 2)
I heard the Vita Sigma 2 is the best of both worlds.

Razor's Edge... well it's the only way to play 3.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#25MrMikeMaPosted 3/20/2013 11:44:50 AM
Ninja Gaiden : Black is not only the best Ninja Gaiden game, it's one of the greatest games of all time. in MY humble opinion

This new fraud Team Ninja is great at proving ONE thing : more is not always better. They have yet to either enhance or create a new game that was better than the Itagaki led games.

For everything they have added, they have taken a step back by destroying the complexity of both Ryu's combat, as well as the enemy AI.
#26Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:47:23 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
Ninja Gaiden : Black is not only the best Ninja Gaiden game, it's one of the greatest games of all time. in MY humble opinion

This new fraud Team Ninja is great at proving ONE thing : more is not always better. They have yet to either enhance or create a new game that was better than the Itagaki led games.

For everything they have added, they have taken a step back by destroying the complexity of both Ryu's combat, as well as the enemy AI.

Are you talking about in Razor's edge?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#27NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/21/2013 1:24:30 AM

However alot of the combat was stream lined and fixed up compared to the original and even black.

Sigma 2, all the blood and dismember was removed but... once again everything was tightened and balanced..

So I don't know what to go with.

WHAT IN THEE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

What balancing? What streamlining?

All Sigma 1 added was twin blade weapon & the ability to shoot arrows when jumping (a nice addition I will admit).
Sigma 2 lowered the enemy count SIGNIFICANTLY & threw in easier enemies types.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#28BrutalBrockenPosted 3/21/2013 1:29:15 AM
The_Djoker posted...
User Name PCmonkey101
User ID 6733012
Board User Level -1: Suspended
User's posting privileges have been suspended for one or more Terms of Service violations, pending review by an Administrator.

LOL!!!

that guy is a complete douche. Good riddance.

Probably from all his constant game spoilers in the last day
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#29stawg007Posted 3/21/2013 3:38:51 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#30DarkSymbiotePosted 3/21/2013 8:53:51 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
The_Djoker posted...
User Name PCmonkey101
User ID 6733012
Board User Level -1: Suspended
User's posting privileges have been suspended for one or more Terms of Service violations, pending review by an Administrator.

LOL!!!

that guy is a complete douche. Good riddance.

Probably from all his constant game spoilers in the last day

AndrewRyanLives spoiled it too. He's banned as well.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn