This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is 70 dollars a reasonable price for AAA games next Gen?

#11Black_AssassinPosted 3/20/2013 6:20:22 AM
Everyone who would complain about a price of 70 USD is entitled.

amirite
---
lowercase
#12SheepinatorPosted 3/20/2013 6:51:09 AM
You can accept a higher base price for everyone, of you can accept the presence of optional microtransactions. These are realistically your only two options, due to the ever increasing costs to make games with the scope and polish that gamers demand these days. There's no such thing as a free lunch, contrary to what the entitlement generation may believe.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#13The_DjokerPosted 3/20/2013 6:58:34 AM
I would accept $70 for games that come with Season Pass or a pass of some kind that gives all related DLC for free.

Lets be serious, we pay more than $60 for the AAA games because they offer DLC and other content. If it meant saving more by buying a $70 boxed game with everything in it or a pass then i'd be for it.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#14Akiba69Posted 3/20/2013 7:04:59 AM
It's only reasonable if they aren't doing crap liek pre order incentives, dlc and season passes.

Though this doesn't effect me as i am part of the PC master race.
#15656stoogePosted 3/20/2013 7:50:57 AM
Akiba69 posted...
It's only reasonable if they aren't doing crap liek pre order incentives, dlc and season passes.

Plus you get a lot of your games for free. *cough*scammer*cough*

...because you scam people was what I was trying to say. Choked on my sandwich for a moment there.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#1695_EclipsePosted 3/20/2013 7:57:49 AM
The_Djoker posted...
I would accept $70 for games that come with Season Pass or a pass of some kind that gives all related DLC for free.

Lets be serious, we pay more than $60 for the AAA games because they offer DLC and other content. If it meant saving more by buying a $70 boxed game with everything in it or a pass then i'd be for it.

Yeah but that will never happen. We'll continue to get less and less of the full game, with the excuse of "games cost more to make" and the rest be sold to us as DLC. Most games already cost over $100 if you buy them new.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#17Banana_ManaPosted 3/20/2013 8:06:10 AM
656stooge posted...
Akiba69 posted...

...because you scam people was what I was trying to say. Choked on my sandwich for a moment there.

PC scammer race.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#18Akiba69Posted 3/20/2013 8:08:03 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Yeah but that will never happen. We'll continue to get less and less of the full game, with the excuse of "games cost more to make" and the rest be sold to us as DLC. Most games already cost over $100 if you buy them new.

Pubs have time and time again said how their goal is to push and push until the consumer reaches breaking point, and that is where they set their prices at. If people complained in mass, gaming wouldn't be in the state it currently is. But the problem with gaming is how easy it is to manipulate fans.
#19USFPosted 3/20/2013 8:29:22 AM
Nope, I'll stop buying games day 1.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Starcraft II: HoTS, God Of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider.
#20The_DjokerPosted 3/20/2013 8:43:45 AM
656stooge posted...
Akiba69 posted...

PC scammer race.

PC pirate race more like.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png