This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is 70 dollars a reasonable price for AAA games next Gen?

#2195_EclipsePosted 3/20/2013 8:04:06 AM
The_Djoker posted...
656stooge posted...
Akiba69 posted...
It's only reasonable if they aren't doing crap liek pre order incentives, dlc and season passes.

Though this doesn't effect me as i am part of the PC master race.

Plus you get a lot of your games for free. *cough*scammer*cough*

...because you scam people was what I was trying to say. Choked on my sandwich for a moment there.

PC scammer race.

PC pirate race more like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS19lNoMS2Y
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#22randomweirdoPosted 3/20/2013 8:09:54 AM
It would be a reasonable price if the games weren't rubbish like they are now. It's been a rare game this gen that has been worth $60.
#23FredSavage27Posted 3/20/2013 8:19:09 AM
Sheepinator posted...
You can accept a higher base price for everyone, of you can accept the presence of optional microtransactions. These are realistically your only two options, due to the ever increasing costs to make games with the scope and polish that gamers demand these days. There's no such thing as a free lunch, contrary to what the entitlement generation may believe.

I think I see the problem here.
#24SheepinatorPosted 3/20/2013 9:25:44 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
You can accept a higher base price for everyone, of you can accept the presence of optional microtransactions. These are realistically your only two options, due to the ever increasing costs to make games with the scope and polish that gamers demand these days. There's no such thing as a free lunch, contrary to what the entitlement generation may believe.

Yes. And?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#25WhitGameR44Posted 3/20/2013 11:17:27 AM
If next gen ends up being 70 bucks, and we still get games with massive amounts of expensive DLC (like seriously a 2-3 hour campaign for 15 bucks when the main game is like 30+ hours...) then I will not buy anything brand new anymore.

Starting this gen I would by alot of games new. But with DLC and a ton of games not worth even 50-60 bucks, I'll wait. Even the most epic games like Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Fallout all come with ridiculous priced DLC that are sometimes crucial to the original story or have sweet items or weapons I'd like to use. So even then I'll just wait for the Ultimate/GOTY editions.
---
Last Game: Dead Nation [PSN]
Next Game: Trine 2 [PSN]
#26FredSavage27Posted 3/20/2013 11:57:48 AM
Sheepinator posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Yes. And?

...so maybe they should stop spending so much on painstakingly detailed graphics if they can't make enough money selling a game at $60.
#27SheepinatorPosted 3/20/2013 12:41:43 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Yes. And?

...so maybe they should stop spending so much on painstakingly detailed graphics if they can't make enough money selling a game at $60.

Then fewer people would buy them. Gamers expectations keep going up, not down.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.