This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How should Microsoft respond to PS4's focus on motion controls?

#1HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/20/2013 5:47:17 AM
Aside from forcing the PsEye v4 on every owner, Sony is standardising sixaxis, move and touch screen controls into every dual shock? Should MS do the same?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 3/20/2013 5:48:30 AM
They already have Kinect 2.0 in place for every 720.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3dark_shardPosted 3/20/2013 5:55:41 AM
I personally have hated games which require use of the sixaxis controller. I'd be happy if Xbox left motion control as completely optional.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/ - Games and Beer
GT: darkshardx
#4Banana_ManaPosted 3/20/2013 5:56:50 AM
dark_shard posted...
I personally have hated games which require use of the sixaxis controller. I'd be happy if Xbox left motion control as completely optional.

Sixaxisixaxissixaxissixaxissixaxissixaxissixaxissixaxis.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#5GeistPosted 3/20/2013 6:01:58 AM
dark_shard posted...

This. And personally I can not wait. Kinect is hands down the best motion controller. It actually made me a fan of the genre.
---
Nintendo is to gaming what Nerf is to sports.
#6Chocobo115Posted 3/20/2013 6:10:30 AM
It's a Touch PAD, not a screen g'damnit! -.-

And don't worry I think they can go for maximum selfdamage with forcing every user to use a Kinnect.
#795_EclipsePosted 3/20/2013 7:01:25 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Aside from forcing the PsEye v4 on every owner, Sony is standardising sixaxis, move and touch screen controls into every dual shock? Should MS do the same?

Link? o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#8RollnThunder213Posted 3/20/2013 7:24:32 AM
Kinect...?

I think developers having the knowledge that every console owner has that piece of hardware in their living room will really start to expand what they can do with a game. I mean voice commands worked pretty well, and giving people the option to do those things in all their games could be a big draw.

What makes it different than before is a developer wouldn't want to spend extra resources on including any sort of Kinect functionality if they knew their player base who would buy their game probably doesn't have Kinect in the first place. If everyone has it, they can use it in unique ways we probably haven't thought about and have no worries about only a small percentage of Xbox owners being able to purchase it and play it.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#9Dark_Soldier42Posted 3/20/2013 7:30:37 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Link? o.o

They can of have to. The PS4 controller isn't the sixaxis contrary to belief. It is more like the move controller that requires a camera to use. Same tech is being use with the exception that it will use two cameras removing the need for a sphere.
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#10Banana_ManaPosted 3/20/2013 7:31:51 AM
Dark_Soldier42 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Link? o.o

They can of have to. The PS4 controller isn't the sixaxis contrary to belief. It is more like the move controller that requires a camera to use. Same tech is being use with the exception that it will use two cameras removing the need for a sphere.

Are those words?
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?