This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay! big fail for Tomb Raider

#1foodeater4Posted 3/20/2013 9:57:53 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/no-single-player-dlc-planned-for-tomb-raider

I know people hate dlc, but tihs is one game that could use it.
#2PrealienkingPosted 3/20/2013 10:03:15 AM
While it's sad to know that Lara's story won't be continued in this game, the upshot of this is knowing that you can play her full story for the price of the disc alone, without needing to fork out more money for the extra chapters as they're released.

Wat.
#3Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 3/20/2013 10:12:38 AM
At least they didn't offer a season pass and screw over people that thought there would be single player DLC.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#4SoincMetalPosted 3/20/2013 10:18:18 AM
How much "tomb raiding" is there in the new Tomb Raider? Want to pick this up in the near feature. Looking at Underworld also.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/20/2013 10:24:06 AM
foodeater4 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/no-single-player-dlc-planned-for-tomb-raider

No, it isn't. I'm glad they told a story from start to finish and didn't withold content, it's refreshing.
#6DyingPancakePosted 3/20/2013 10:24:19 AM
foodeater4 posted...

How could it "use" it

The campaign is long, there are a ton of things to collect, and there is nothing left out of the story
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#7kingstagPosted 3/20/2013 10:33:58 AM
SoincMetal posted...
How much "tomb raiding" is there in the new Tomb Raider? Want to pick this up in the near feature. Looking at Underworld also.

Although I liked the game, the amount of "tomb raiding" is nearly non-existent. They're completely optional and similar to the Batman: Arkham City puzzle rooms -- similar in that they're mostly just a single room with a single (easy) puzzle to get the treasure. Probably the biggest disappointment of the new game for me. If they were going to make them optional they could have at least made them tough.

This is actually the type of game that a "Tomb" DLC would have been perfect for. I would have gladly paid $8-$10 for a long, detailed, and VERY HARD tomb for Lara to explore and conquer. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.
#8SoincMetalPosted 3/20/2013 10:36:09 AM
kingstag posted...
SoincMetal posted...

Although I liked the game, the amount of "tomb raiding" is nearly non-existent. They're completely optional and similar to the Batman: Arkham City puzzle rooms -- similar in that they're mostly just a single room with a single (easy) puzzle to get the treasure. Probably the biggest disappointment of the new game for me. If they were going to make them optional they could have at least made them tough.

This is actually the type of game that a "Tomb" DLC would have been perfect for. I would have gladly paid $8-$10 for a long, detailed, and VERY HARD tomb for Lara to explore and conquer. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks for the info! Seems like a bummer, Maybe this game should have been title Lara Croft: Legend of Tomb Raider or somethin.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#9kingstagPosted 3/20/2013 10:36:43 AM
DyingPancake posted...
<How could it "use" it
The campaign is long, there are a ton of things to collect, and there is nothing left out of the story

It could "use" it in the same way Dark Souls used it. Fantastic game that told a complete story but the DLC opened up an extra-challenging side story that gave hardcore fans even more content to enjoy.

Expanding on the lackluster tomb raiding would have been a nice start.
#10gabriusPosted 3/20/2013 10:43:02 AM
Yay! what a stupid topic
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius